WTB Barrett Fieldcraft 6.5cm threaded

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got lucky and found the NLA scope I wanted for my new backcountry setup so now I’m looking for the host.

Two questions:

first anyone know best place to buy a Fieldcraft new? Seen a few ~$1670 which doesn’t seem bad but seeing if I can squeeze some more savings. Did come across the green 22” threaded models they made while back but not keen on extra 3” (big deal I know) for $1600 I wanna say.

Or second and I think this is my preferred method. Anyone selling a used one? Maybe somebody looking for a little help paying off the tax man?

The more I think about it the more the 22” seems like it’s just not what I want since it’ll be a dedicated suppressor host but if anyone wants to talk me one way or the other. I am more partial to the grey/stainless of the 18” vs the green/black 22” which just looks off to me.

Last edited:
OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Da-Dum...Da-Dum...Da-Dum-Da-Dum-Da-Dum

Tax man is getting closer! Any used Barrett’s out there? Lol

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked up one of the new green models for less than the price you stated above. If you want to PM me I can let you know where. The place I bought it from had a low price but it some pretty terrible shipping/customer service. It looks a little different in person than a lot of the pictures I saw online. I personally think it looks BA, and it is nice not having to worry about waving a stainless steel barrel around if it's sunny out and reflecting any light. It balances extremely well, I think the few extra ounces in the heavier contour barrel will be worth it to help steady it for me. This will be my new sheep, caribou, and maybe black bear/goat rifle.

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up one of the new green models for less than the price you stated above. If you want to PM me I can let you know where. The place I bought it from had a low price but it some pretty terrible shipping/customer service. It looks a little different in person than a lot of the pictures I saw online. I personally think it looks BA, and it is nice not having to worry about waving a stainless steel barrel around if it's sunny out and reflecting any light. It balances extremely well, I think the few extra ounces in the heavier contour barrel will be worth it to help steady it for me. This will be my new sheep, caribou, and maybe black bear/goat rifle.

any chance you have a more accurate photo of your green model? PM on the way also

Tango1

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The 22” 6.5 threaded model is fantastic. I also own the 6.5 21” version and 30-06 24”. The threaded “med weight” 22” 6.5 is by far my favorite. Lightweight but also incredibly easy to shoot very accurately. The most practical all around version in my opinion. 2 elk hunts and 2 trips to Africa now and it’s the one hunt rifle I wouldn’t sell!
9A257BEC-6F6C-426C-B4EF-FAFEC2294482.jpeg

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tango 1 thanks for the photo. Do you use a suppressor with that 22" at all? I'm going to be putting a silencerco harvester 300 on it, at 9" I'm thinking the 18" will be better to carry around especially through timber. Was also looking at the Dakota Silencer Banish (formerly varminter 4.0) as it's 9" but can be put down to 7".

Also bump for the tax man is a comin'