Barrett fieldcraft rifle with a duplicate serial number

Hey guys wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has one. I picked up a Barrett fieldcraft 6.5 Creedmoor with a 21 inch barrel recently, I looked at the serial number and there's an "A" stamped at the end of the serial number, so I called up Barrett to see if that meant anything special and they told me that the rifle had a duplicate serial number and that's why the "A" was stamped on the end of it. Wanted to see if anyone else out there has anything similar to that in their Barrett fieldcraft rifle. I've personality never seen any thing like it for the 5 fieldcrafts I've owned. Here's a pic, I blurred out the first couple numbers.
Also do you think this makes it more scarce ?

Attachments

• 20210411_202147.jpg
    20210411_202147.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 49

Grumman

WKR
That’s interesting. Font/size looks different on that stamp also. Now if it was an Alabama script A it would be a collector’s item.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
SavedByGrace2001
Yeah font size is a little smaller. When I called barrett, and told him about the "A" at the end of the serial number, he quickly responded that it was a duplicate serial number, and that why the added the letter to the serial number. Just not sure if that happens very often or not, I would assume with today's technology its pretty sparse that this happens, especially at a great company like barrett