Barrett Fieldcraft worth the extra $1k over Tikka T3x or Kimber?

OP
H
Glad you got it I was rooting for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amen. Good job!
It’s going to be a long 10 day wait! Gives me time to figure out the ring options, I have a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x32 B&C reticle (1” tube) that would look real nice on it and go with the whole lightweight thing.

Going to put a few things in the classifieds now :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, you’ll never regret that decision....but if for some reason you do, just sell it for what you have into it, than you can regret that decision too later on down the road.
I too own all the rifles that you were contemplating and as far as I’m concerned, the Tikka doesn’t come even close, nuff said about that. I really like all my Kimber’s, so that’s kind of a tough one for me, and my 21” 6.5cm Fieldcraft, is just a sweetheart of a rifle and a tack driving, ultra light weight, pleasure to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I dont think you’ll regret that decision, pretty sure you’ll be able to buy a tikka anytime you want but Barrett may never make these rifles again. Besides you can get your money back pretty easy with that Barrett. Think you’ll enjoy it. May end up being the equivalent of the pre 64 winchesters one day or based on gunbroker maybe they already are.

Last edited:
Was it the 21 or 24 you ended up with? I have the 24" 6.5. My only regret is not getting the 21" as well when i picked up the 24. At the time i didnt think i needed two 6.5s but now...

Sportsman's Warehouse seem to have one 6.5cm FC on the shelf at several of their stores. I picked one up a month ago, tried out a few different bullet weights and brands. Mine shoots 3/4" groups at 100 yards with 140 grain bullets, even the cheap stuff

The 24“ was a special run Barrett did for lipsey. No clue how many they made but I like them.

Talley made or makes rings for the Fieldcraft. Might start there with your Leupold. I think they made a rail too.

rickco

FNG
hereinaz makes a valid point.

I own all three of the rifles you're considering; more than one FC and T3 SL and only one Kimber.

If I'm standing in a store with a FC in my hand for $1850, I'll own one more.
I also own the T3x in 6.5 CM, a Kimber 84 select grade in 270, and a Forbes 24 ( the predecessor to the Fieldcraft in a 270. All shoot sub-MOA when I do my part. The Forbes weight is 6.8 lbs with scope, sling and a full mag. For me, I love the feeling of a wood stock rifle so this year my choice for elk hunting is the Kimber.

bluumoon

WKR
The 24“ was a special run Barrett did for lipsey. No clue how many they made but I like them.

Talley made or makes rings for the Fieldcraft. Might start there with your Leupold. I think they made a rail too.
Sportsmans apparently got some of the 24" 6.5s as well, had to go pull mine out of the safe and look.

drmatara

FNG
What I really love about the Fieldcraft is the weight and how it has a very thin barrel that flares out at the muzzle for 5/8-24 threads.

I thought Tikka had a smooth action, this is better. And about a pound lighter fully dressed with a 3” longer barrel. Here she is with Talley Lows and a Leupold VX3 2.5-8 B&C:

View attachment 273886
That's interesting about your experiences regarding the smooth action. I have a Tikka T3 Lite, but I just can't get attached to it, despite how well it feeds and how accurate it is. My FC definitely has a very nice, smooth action, but it's still not as smooth as the Tikka, when I compare them side by side. I really wish my Kimber's were smoother but I think that's just the nature of CRF, none of my CRF model 70's compare with the PF's either.