Barrett owners, help!! POI shift.....

Clarktar

WKR
What about the issues with a slightly warm barrel? Let's start over! Screw you Randy!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Formidilous sorry for the disrespecting comments. It was a long week traveling across the country and stressful with family. I read through a lot of your posts on different subjects and there is a lot I agree with you on testing rifles. One being the 10 and 20 round groups for testing the effectiveness of an advertised rifle and its potential.

I’ve just found over the years a bit of variation when throwing my cold bore shot into the group. I guess it’s one of those agree to disagree. But again sorry for being a jerk. Happy new year.

No probelm. I don’t take the internet personally, and I hope I didn’t come off as an a-hole.

Happy new year to you as well.

mt100gr.

WKR
DoubleBroomed - again, good on ya.

I'm not currently in the market, and as you said, you're busy. But if you get a chance, start a thread with some pictures of your rifles and give us an idea of what you have found to be the ideal build for mountain hunting.

I really did try to find more info and struck out.

OP
Bobbyboe

Bobbyboe

WKR
UPDATE.

Barrett informed me they want to take a look at the rifle, so I shipped it out today. I'll update this thread once I hear back from them.

A few things about their customer service really impressed me so far. First, they were extremely quick to respond and didn't discount my concerns. Second, they paid for the shipping to send the gun back to their factory.

In the end, I really hope they find and fix the problem or replace the rifle. A rifle with a POI shift of 1.5 to 2 inches is tough to practice with at any range over 200 yards.

Grumman

WKR
That is great to hear and awesome that they paid for return shipping. That’s a cost that most don’t cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bobbyboe

Bobbyboe

WKR
The wait is over! Barrett emailed me today saying they will be returning my rifle tomorrow. The individual I was in contact with stated that the chamber was reworked along with the bedding. In addition, they cleaned the rifle and confirmed sub moa 5 shot groups. I am impressed with the customer service. It would have been easy for Barrett to shoot a 3 shot group and send the rifle back, but they didn't. They took my concerns seriously and fixed the problems. I look forward to shooting the rifle to see if the stringing is resolved. I'm confident it will be, but fingers crossed!

I agree. That's great customer service. I've got a Fieldcraft and highly recommend it. Thanks for the update, I'll continue to recommend them.

Awesome, excited for you to shoot it. I’ve been debating between an ultralight build and just buying a Fieldcraft and calling it a day.

VernAK

WKR
Awesome, excited for you to shoot it. I’ve been debating between an ultralight build and just buying a Fieldcraft and calling it a day.

I've crunched those numbers several times plus the time to build and I found it hard to beat the Fieldcraft off-the-shelf.
My first 3 shots were .65......WTH.

I'm still looking at building a custom predator rifle and have a barrel and action in mind but stall out on stock prices and fitting.