Barrier of entry to Sheep hunting

AKjon

FNG
I chose the move to Alaska route. Was going to be the only way I ever got to sheep hunt. In 10 years they’ll be $30k not 20.
Ran this one past the wife… that’s a another barrier unaccounted for 😂

Dont forget the additional option (although maybe a long shot) of talking a family member into moving to Alaska, and then making them "guide" you lol
1656433876396.png

Maybe adoption as a last resort 🤣

wytx

WKR
Get enrolled with one of the tag draw businesses and get your name in the draw for every state that has NR tags. Then go hunt OYO if you draw.
Too late to bank PP for most states I bet but the few that have random and BR tag draws are a possibility.

VernAK

WKR
Dont forget the additional option (although maybe a long shot) of talking a family member into moving to Alaska, and then making them "guide" you lol
View attachment 423758

Maybe adoption as a last resort 🤣
This program is deeply flawed and I hope it gets changed soon.
"Kindred" has a tribal connotation and should be changed to "kin" IMO.

Further, I can't take my nephew sheep hunting even though we share some common blood but I can take my mother-in-law. WTH?

AKjon

FNG
This program is deeply flawed and I hope it gets changed soon.
"Kindred" has a tribal connotation and should be changed to "kin" IMO.

Further, I can't take my nephew sheep hunting even though we share some common blood but I can take my mother-in-law. WTH?
As for the word Kindred vs. Kin, I say potato/pototo. The definition is the same, tribal connotation aside.

I would love to see it changed to allow for nephews/nieces vs mother-in-law's as well 😂
Unfortunately, I dont think there is a legally defined group that would include them (I could be wrong) and if it were ever to be changed, I have heard way more people cry about making it more restrictive than opening it up. too many people afraid someone's nephew might sneak into their secret spot and shoot their Ram lol

kaboku68

WKR
We can't get teachers, police or firefighters up here at all. This Spring they hired 5 from the Phillipines for my high school. There are a lot of jobs that pay 50-70 K that aren't even filled. You could talk to your wife and explain to her that most people up here would never want to move south, ever, even if you offered us a lot of money.