Bartlein Carbon Fiber wrapped barrels

I really like that they have standard barrel contours like Bartlein #4 and Rem varmint/sendero. If you have multiple barrels you can have a stock inlet that works perfect for a carbon and steel barrels.

Now this is interesting. Haven't had a chance to watch the whole video yet (will do that tonight...im certain I will hear about why THIS carbon barrel is different/ better than all others) but this has my attention. I look forward to more reviews on these.

OP
Oregonmuley
I honestly don't know what they are doing differently as far as their CF wrap goes since thats above my pay grade. But what I like is that the inside liner is a cut rifled Bartlein barrel. And I've sure had good luck with all the Barts I've used, have really liked their 2b contours for builds.

FYI, did end up ordering a #4 contour 7MM this morning - should have it in hand next Thursday (y)

Last edited:

BigDog00

WKR
I thought I saw somewhere that Carbon Six was making these. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
Oregonmuley
Per the Bartlein Facebook, it appears that a company by the name of Mission Specific Worldwide is either doing the wrapping or has some sort of part in doing it for them - see link below to their page.

I honestly don't know what they are doing differently as far as their CF wrap goes since thats above my pay grade. But what I like is that the inside liner is a cut rifled Bartlein barrel. And I've sure had good luck with all the Barts I've used, have really liked their 2b contours for builds.

FYI, did end up ordering a #4 contour 7MM this morning - should have it in hand next Thursday (y)
Rolling another 7mm-08, are ya? ;)

OP
Oregonmuley
Did you grab that 24” one they had in stock?

Sure did - when I ordered it at Bugholes it showed 2 in stock. One is headed my way. I'm hoping it could be made a bit shorter when finished. Based on what George says in the video I think that is possible, I'd like to be @ 22.5" or 23" if it can work.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Colored, more contours, priced right, and by one of, if not, the best barrel company! Makes me wish I had a build in the works. This WILL be my next barrel I buy

Colored, more contours, priced right, and by one of, if not, the best barrel company! Makes me wish I had a build in the works. This WILL be my next barrel I buy

While I don't have a build in the works, I do have a Bergara in 6.5 Creedmoor that will need a rebarrel this year or early next year. I want to put a carbon barrel on it and these now have my attention...

khuber84

WKR
I ordered a couple 26" finished #13 264 barrels in 8 twist for a pair of 6.5 Sherman max a friend and I are doing. We'll see how they shoot. Another great option that isn't well known at all, Pederson Precision LLC uses mullerworks contoured and lapped blanks, he wraps them, then sends em back to muller for a final lap to ensure nothing has changed during the wrap/cure process. These are only 550$. Dan Muller learned how to make Barrels from Mike Rock formerly of Rock Creek(the good days of rock creek) I have a mullerworks carbon 7mm 1:8 on order as well.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Sure did - when I ordered it at Bugholes it showed 2 in stock. One is headed my way. I'm hoping it could be made a bit shorter when finished. Based on what George says in the video I think that is possible, I'd like to be @ 22.5" or 23" if it can work.

Looking at it, you can probably save an inch by going with a short shank, maybe 3/4”?? Like you did with the Beanland?

OP
Oregonmuley
Looking at it, you can probably save an inch by going with a short shank, maybe 3/4”?? Like you did with the Beanland?
Marty,
That is exactly what I was thinking of doing if that is possible with this barrel. It has 2.75" of "shank before the CF starts and based on what George said in his video these barrels have more metal in the chamber area under the wrap so maybe you can go with a short shank to shorten it overall. At least I hope thats how it will turn out, either way I'm thinking it will be a nice set-up when all done. Just need to figure out what action I want, so many options its tough to decide:)

HuntnPack

WKR
I think I’m going to order one up in a
#4 contour for my 6.5 to try,
if I can get the Length down around 20”-21”
Bonus: .750 muzzle means my Reflex style Jäger Suppressor will fit,
& I can get a color to match my stock...... important 🤣

Last edited: