Bartlein Carbon Fiber wrapped barrels

Interdasting. Might need to start thinking about my next build if these are as cool as I think they will be.

OP
Oregonmuley
Isn't it beautiful:)
414421175.jpg

Last edited:

MThuntr

WKR
I saw Redhawk has some...all the 30cal were 1:10. GAP has a few color options. I like the greeen. I might consider one if it were 1:8 or maybe 1:9 to shoot big coppers bullets.

Darren,
Ended up going with a Defiance Rebel, sheep cut and the modified bolt so it fits most stocks inlet for a 700. Just need to decide on a stock now and I'll be all dialed in:)
Excellent. I'm interested to hear how you like this one. You have the sporter rifle so dialed in, I'm looking forward to how this one balances in comparison.

WRO

WKR
7MM, it will be a 7MM-08. Its the #4 contour - As is it weighs 3lbs 5 ozs. Its supposed to finish at 24" but think I can get it to 23" or maybe 22.5" which is what i would like.

That seems kind of heavy, proof are about a half pound lighter for the same barrel.

OP
Oregonmuley
That seems kind of heavy, proof are about a half pound lighter for the same barrel.

Per George @ GAP they are heavier due to there being more steel left in the shank/chamber area under the CF than on a Proof. Once chambered and cut down a bit I hope it will be down maybe 5-6 ozs?? Which would make it about the same weight as a regular all stainless #3 contour barrel, I can work with that:)

OP
Oregonmuley
Any update Frank?

Dave

Dave, Nothing new - still waiting on my action to arrive from Defiance Machine which should be maybe another month?? I do have everything else together though so once I have the action off to the smith it goes. Fortunately the guy I'm using has a pretty quick turnaround time on builds.

Am really liking the Proof stock though, think it should work nicely.

414445840.jpg

414445841.jpg

Last edited:

rope

FNG
Thanks for posting this video. Back in January I lost all my GA Precision’s in a house fire. Emailed George, in hopes of having a rifle by this hunting season. Being sheep season is first, asked him to build a rifle that he would want to carry. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I spoke with Jermey and got the details of the build. I am hoping that mine looks like the one in the video. If that’s a Manners EH8A then that’s what mine will look like, in a 6.5 SAUM. Supposed to be here by the end of July.

OP
Oregonmuley
Thought I would kick this back to the top since all my parts are in and will be on the way to the smith today. Picked up the Defiance Machine Rebel action yesterday - my 1st one from them and I like it.

Was pleasantly surprised at the weight - I ordered it with their sheep cut/port, regular tag, ultra deep flutes and integral recoil lug. I was hoping it would be under 30 ozs and its coming in at only 25.4 ozs. Their new AnTi actions are supposed to be 21 ozs for a SS action so this one isn't bad if trying to build a lighter weight rifle. I think when all is completed I should be around 6 lbs 2-4 ozs for the rifle naked and a bit under 8 lbs scoped up which was my target for this build.
414456554.jpg

Thought I would kick this back to the top since all my parts are in and will be on the way to the smith today. Picked up the Defiance Machine Rebel action yesterday - my 1st one from them and I like it.

Was pleasantly surprised at the weight - I ordered it with their sheep cut/port, regular tag, ultra deep flutes and integral recoil lug. I was hoping it would be under 30 ozs and its coming in at only 25.4 ozs. Their new AnTi actions are supposed to be 21 ozs for a SS action so this one isn't bad if trying to build a lighter weight rifle. I think when all is completed I should be around 6 lbs 2-4 ozs for the rifle naked and a bit under 8 lbs scoped up which was my target for this build.
414456554.jpg

I’m curious what made you pick the rebel over the anti? I am going to be building something light on a short action after hunting season and am considering the anti from defiance, or a few of the more expensive titanium options from other companies. I just never even considered the rebel. I have a deviant ultra light, so I know defiance does great work, just curious on what your research led you to on the rebel?