Bartlein Carbon Fiber wrapped barrels

OP
Oregonmuley
I’m curious what made you pick the rebel over the anti? I am going to be building something light on a short action after hunting season and am considering the anti from defiance, or a few of the more expensive titanium options from other companies. I just never even considered the rebel. I have a deviant ultra light, so I know defiance does great work, just curious on what your research led you to on the rebel?

In regards to the Rebel, just have always wanted one. I have a couple friends that have then and just like they way they work, super slick and just a nice action. I know their are lots of other options these days but one other reason I liked the Rebel is you can spec it out pretty much just the way you want it.

In regards to the Rebel, just have always wanted one. I have a couple friends that have then and just like they way they work, super slick and just a nice action. I know their are lots of other options these days but one other reason I liked the Rebel is you can spec it out pretty much just the way you want it.

Cool, I certainly was not questioning why you picked that one, was just curious what led you there. I’ll have to compare the rebel and the anti a little closer given where tours came in weight wise...those are pretty close. Cost isn’t far apart either.

OP
Oregonmuley
More progress, just got this pic from Shaen a few minutes ago. This is the CF wrapped #4 contour Bartlein. The finish length is a little less than 23" which is exactly what I was hoping for. Weigh now is 2 lbs 12 ozs so a good amount shaved off. Finished rifle naked should be right at 6 lbs, pretty good with a #4 contour barrel.
414458650.jpg

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
More progress, just got this pic from Shaen a few minutes ago. This is the CF wrapped #4 contour Bartlein. The finish length is a little less than 23" which is exactly what I was hoping for. Weigh now is 2 lbs 12 ozs so a good amount shaved off. Finished rifle naked should be right at 6 lbs, pretty good with a #4 contour barrel.
414458650.jpg

So that took 9 ounces off the blank? Nice!

HuntnPack

WKR
414458650.jpg
That’s a good weight reduction, thx for the info. I’ve got a #4 carbon mod BB on order.
I’m having a blank done that I will be able to shorten a bit More front & Back to finish at
20.5-21” for a 6.5 MAX

Last edited:

Varminterror

Lil-Rokslider
Even better - Bartlein can and will use their new 400Modbb barrel steel under the carbon wrap if requested. Getting over 3,000 rounds of life from a carbon fiber wrapped Bartlein barrel sure sounds great to me!

HuntnPack

WKR
Even better - Bartlein can and will use their new 400Modbb barrel steel under the carbon wrap if requested. Getting over 3,000 rounds of life from a carbon fiber wrapped Bartlein barrel sure sounds great to me!
Sounded Pretty good to me.
Can’t wait to get my 400MODBB Carbon wrapped 6.5 barrel & get it spun up.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, 9 ozs so pretty much about like a standard 2b contour. Think this one will be a keeper;)

Sweet! I have an eerily familiar action on my old retired work rifle. It’s a Nesika Bay model K action. I am it’s third owner. That beat up rifle action is maybe the COMPLETE opposite of your build though because it’s been on 14 lb. builds. haha.

It’s one of the most accurate rifles I’ve ever seen shoot (been through several barrels and stocks). In every shooting school it had ever been to it won top gun,.. and it’s been up against some pretty well-equipped competition.

c6037e501b02108bd81b9de7d2af0009.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Very nice looking piece of equipment you got there. What for glass are you going to slap on top or it? Also, curious on how shes gonna shoot.