Bartlein New Barrel Material

HuntnPack

WKR
From Bartlein:

Bartlein Barrels is pleased to announce the release of a new barrel material. Working with the mill and testing different types of material and tweaking the material over the last few years and with testing having been performed by ammunition makers we now have a different grade of material that we have had made and is proprietary to us.

The material has been proven in lab testing and in outside real world testing to provide a barrel life that is 1.5 to 2 times longer than the standard 416 grade of material.

We are calling the material 400MODBB. Pricing for this barrel material in standard diameters/contours etc...will be $555.

As always there are a list of things that effect barrel life and we cannot guarantee everything a 100% but for an example as I know it will be asked....in 6.5CM ammunition pressure test barrels are normally pulled from service at around 1700 rounds. The new material doing the same type of ammunition test work the barrel was pulled from service after it had 3500 rounds on it. We've had several 6mm's in calibers that the barrel normally is pulled around 1500 rounds go 3000 rounds.

We and or the customers that have done the threading and chamber work have had no issues with machining. I will say your reamers will not last as long but nothing that would really concern me. It does machine a little different but it's not horrible to work with.

So you will have a choice of the standard 416 material from us and the 400MODBB material.

Any questions it would be a lot easier if you emailed us at [email protected] or called in directly at 262-677-1717 but I can only imagine the amount of questions we will be getting and with everything going on in the world currently I'll ask you to be patient for the replies.

I just ordered one with the new material in a carbon wrap #4 20” 1-7.5t for my 6.5 PRC
Seekins Element to be ran Jäger Suppressed.
Increased barrel life, reportedly fouls less
& cleans easier, Sure... I’ll try one.
I’m Stoked !!!

Last edited:

CO-AJ

WKR
I only put Bartlein's on my precision guns and they have been phenomenal. I always recommend them to whomever wants to listen. I am currently running a 28" in 6 creed.

WKR
Wonder if that would allow the use of smaller diameter barrels in larger calibers. Not sure how to word the question. Basically, can barrel wall thickness be reduced along with weight safely using the new material?

Dhbwa

WKR
Wonder if that would allow the use of smaller diameter barrels in larger calibers. Not sure how to word the question. Basically, can barrel wall thickness be reduced along with weight safely using the new material?
Doubt the stiffness is affected that much....

khuber84

WKR
If I ever decide to build a 257 wby or a 22 creed, I'll def be using one of these!