Bartlein or Benchmark for new 30 Nosler

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
I am beginning to collect parts for a new rifle build based on a Defiance Anti X. It will be in 30 Nosler since I was able to secure all the components for reloading. I have been thinking about opting for a steel barrel from Bartlein or Benchmark for this build. Right now figuring about 23 inches for the finished barrel length. I have had one rifle with a Bartlein that has been a great gun and also hear very good reviews on the Benchmark too. Any thoughts between those two manufacturers are welcome and a HCA carbon is also a possibility just considering other options with this build.

Flyjunky

WKR
All of those are good options and I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. If it was me I would go with the Bartlein for steel. If carbon, I've heard nothing but great things about HCA. If you're going to talk with Bartlein about their steel barrels you might want to ask about their carbons as well. The other carbon to look at is the carbon six barrels.

Is there a reason you're thinking 23", that's really short for a 30 Nosler. I'm assuming you're thinking of throwing a can on there?

rootacres

WKR
I ended up going with a Bartlein. There is a lot of love for the Bartleins on here. Thats not to say the others aren't good but this was the feedback I got.

B23

WKR
If I'm in the mood for a single point cut barrel Krieger has been my "go to" and if a button rifled barrel or I want one really fast Hart is my default but having had multiple conversations with Frank Green of Bartlein barrels and him taking the time to answer with depth any and all questions I come up with, my next barrel will be a Bartlein barrel and it likely will be in their new 400MODBB material.

Whether you prefer single point or button rifled barrels, we in the shooting world are very fortunate when it comes to barrel makers because there is probably no less than 8-10 equally excellent barrel making companies out there to choose from.

I would go Bartlein over Benchmark. I have rifles with barrels from both. Last I heard HCA used Benchmark blanks to carbon wrap.

If I'm in the mood for a single point cut barrel Krieger has been my "go to" and if a button rifled barrel or I want one really fast Hart is my default but having had multiple conversations with Frank Green of Bartlein barrels and him taking the time to answer with depth any and all questions I come up with, my next barrel will be a Bartlein barrel and it likely will be in their new 400MODBB material.

Whether you prefer single point or button rifled barrels, we in the shooting world are very fortunate when it comes to barrel makers because there is probably no less than 8-10 equally excellent barrel making companies out there to choose from.
The new Bartlein 400MODBB was going to be my suggestion as well since its supposed to last a good bit longer in the barrel burner calibers. I've had a bunch of Barts including 2 of their CF wrapped barrels and so far all have been great. You could also order a CF wrapped in the new super steel if you wanted but the wait time will be out there a ways.

OP
C

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys for the recommendation on the Bartlein with their new steel. I’ll look into that.

SDHNTR

WKR
I have both. Both excellent! Not sure there is a functional difference even worth mentioning. Go with whatever your Smith recommends and can get his hands on.