Bartlett Float Drag

AKDoc

WKR
Mother Nature always has the upper hand in Alaska, but you guys were out there doing it nonetheless!

It rained every day out in western AK for the hundred mile float with my son last month. River was nearly flooded in the lower end by day seven. My son got his first brown bear/grizzly...a nice 8.5' boar. Love that PR-49 and Kork that you sell Larry...thank you, thank you, thank you!

JPD350

WKR
Awesome looking float drag, Pura Vida!

AKDoc, congrats on your sons bear! sounds like it was an exciting experience.

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ha...LOL...you guys are righteous!

If only we could air drop a couple of mules!

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
wouldn't want it any other way, Vern.

A side note: We were also doing another health study this season, and we added female hunters aged 28-61 y/o to identify energy expenditure, metabolic changes, muscle and fat mass changes, blood lipids and visceral fat levels, and added muscle biopsies in men and women to examine protein turnover and more. Wicked fun science!

The women you see in those videos proved that they belong in the backcountry and dont eat as much as men...but get the job done, son!

Fun stuff right there!

The bull Haley and I shot was a 60" but got his right antler ripped off at the base somehow. I was surprised he came in to the calls. You'd figure he's be shy to fight with a handicap like that.

But, we had found a shed antler from this winter a couple miles upstream on the drag down. We put that antler up high in a willow thicket where moose would see it. We scraped our fiberglass moose call on it and banged that sucker for about 24 hours...and then our boy showed up looking a little bewildered. Turns out that the antler he got ripped off this year (right side) was the match to the shed (right side) and looked like it could have belong to this bull. So if true, the poor bastard got lured in with his own phantom antler and we ended up with a full set of bones that match that bull.

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
Looks really familiar Larry...except you might have had a bit more water this year than we did last year!

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
strangely we did have about 2" more water depth, but still dragged to about the same point as you (we) did last year. Except it took 9 days to reach that point moving slower with a mixed crew.

Sdieffen

FNG
I've watched all your videos on your website. Thanks for sharing!
I've found that the key to longer trips is bringing the wife along, then there's no pressure to get home. My wife and kid can outdo some grown men and definitely augment the operation.