Base camp elk setup

Looking for a good basecamp setup for elk and backcountry skiing. I want a stove, I ideally want to be able to carry it on my back if I need to and I think im looking for space for up to 4 people, without being excessive for just one person. A canvas wall tent seems too heavy to carry in without horses, and I don't want to tow an RV or something like that. In my mind this points directly at an 8 man tipi and box stove, but are there any other setups I'm not aware of?

ahlgringo

WKR
Yep- if you wanna use a stove a 12 will be way more comfortable for 4 dudes. Still somewhat packable for 2 guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree completely with the above comments. Our setup is a Seek 8 man with a Seek stove. We’ve done it 2 years now with 3 guys in regular camping cots (not the low to ground backpacking style). It is definitely doable. But 3 guys, gear and stove was real tight. If we were reordering today we’d go 12 man.

MNBill

Lil-Rokslider
If you get one, you will really like the room in a 12 man. It was a palace for my brother and I in Alaska with 2 full size cots, 2 chairs, a small table, stove, and a good size wood pile, and our gear. Also, keep in mind you can pitch a 12 man as an 8 man.