Base Camp Tarp

JigStick

WKR
Im looking for a large tarp to use at base camp. Something to provide sitting / cooking / gear storage area. To provide shade and overall covered usable space.

My first choice is the Hilleberg Tarp 20. But I'm open to alternatives. Im just not finding many options for large tarps. I came across this one from Luxe, but im not seeing many reviews.

Why not a normal tarp from Wally World? Seems like you would save a bunch of money for what you are using it for.

Mosby

WKR
For base camp, I have a 10 x 10 pop up canopy. Instant shade and easy to put up anywhere. I got mine at Gander Mountain and has side screens and you can lower it when the wind picks up.. Plenty of room for some chairs, coolers etc.

I am a fan of a seek outside dst. Only 10x10 and I haven’t used mine for more than 3 x people as a camp tarp. If I needed something bigger, I would think about buying another and chaining them. That way I could scale up or down based on need and size of available pitch sites.

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
20 x20 Kelty Noah's tarp or a standard hardware store tarp. If you don't have to pack it in, a heavy duty hardware store tarp can be rigged up nicely and cover a huge area. I have the Noah's but prefer the pitch and coverage of a huge rectangular hardware store tarp (provides better shade too if that is a concern). I have it rigged on a line through all the grommets on a long side and then connected to that line on the ends with Nite Ize caribiners and prusik knots. Goes up fast, lots of coverage and I have about $50 bucks in the whole system.