BaseMap 3D doesn't work on PC?

Apple only for the 3D map is my understanding. Overall Basemap has so many issues it’s unreal. I just tried 10 plus times to download a map on my iPhone for offline use. Would get to 77% and stop. It’s a joke.

4ester

WKR
Apple only for the 3D map is my understanding. Overall Basemap has so many issues it’s unreal. I just tried 10 plus times to download a map on my iPhone for offline use. Would get to 77% and stop. It’s a joke.

Exact reason I left OnX years ago. I will agree that lately Basemap has some issues too. I sent them a service ticket the other day because it was crashing. I also told them that reliability is more important then these new features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
interesting... I love the layout and haven't had issues with the app on my phone at all. It's only when I try to use the map at home on my PC that I run into issues.

Yeah it’s a licensing issue with Apple Maps. It is disappointing because it’s not really transparent 3D is for app only. In addition, 3D does not work in offline mode. Found all this out the hard way - by contacting them. Their CS has been good but product performance has some issues

BaseMap

Yeah it’s a licensing issue with Apple Maps. It is disappointing because it’s not really transparent 3D is for app only. In addition, 3D does not work in offline mode. Found all this out the hard way - by contacting them. Their CS has been good but product performance has some issues
We are actually very transparent on the fact that 3D only works on iOS devices at this time.

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
We are actually very transparent on the fact that 3D only works on iOS devices at this time.
Yep! It was my fault for not reading more carefully initially. I'm quite pleased with almost everything else about your product. Thank you for responding here!

jelloyeti

FNG
BaseMap only has 3D on iOS devices. We use Apple Maps for our 3D service, but we are working hard to bring 3D to all platforms.

Also, there is a big update coming for offline maps to help improve stability and download times.
Has 3d come to the desktop version yet?