BaseMap 3D Earth - Check out this new feature!

FURMAN

WKR
The 3d is awesome but every time I start to get into Basemaps it crashes or locks up. Right now I can not get the desktop app to open on Safari. It has a lot of cool features but OnX just works. I was an early adaptor of OnX(huntinggpsmaps.com) so it will be an uphill battle but I am always looking for something better.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The 3d is awesome but every time I start to get into Basemaps it crashes or locks up. Right now I can not get the desktop app to open on Safari. It has a lot of cool features but OnX just works. I was an early adaptor of OnX(huntinggpsmaps.com) so it will be an uphill battle but I am always looking for something better.

I've had the exact opposite. Onx crashes on me a lot. Basemap has not. Both have ways to report these bugs and its the fastest way to fix these issues.

Bluto

WKR

Do you use the trail layer very much? I have not put boots on the ground yet where I’m hunting this year, but I can see a pretty big difference in what OnX thinks are roads and what the Idaho state trails site thinks are roads. Is it normally that inaccurate or did I just happen to stumble on some bad data? I’ve heard good things about onX, but not a paying customer yet. (The big reason is the ability to put the map on my actual GPS vice my phone.)

FURMAN

WKR
Do you use the trail layer very much? I have not put boots on the ground yet where I’m hunting this year, but I can see a pretty big difference in what OnX thinks are roads and what the Idaho state trails site thinks are roads. Is it normally that inaccurate or did I just happen to stumble on some bad data? I’ve heard good things about onX, but not a paying customer yet. (The big reason is the ability to put the map on my actual GPS vice my phone.)

I would say I use the trails about 1 in 4 hunts. I have had pretty good luck. I am sure there are people that use that feature far more than I do.

OP
B

BaseMap

Hi, crashing is pretty unusual and there may be some phone settings that can help. Reach out to us at [email protected] and we will get you squared away!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
When I click “report a bug” under the settings tab. Where does that information go?

b27cbb459a16a7d32aa03a76b068d517.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
Hi, crashing is pretty unusual and there may be some phone settings that can help. Reach out to us at [email protected] and we will get you squared away!

I will pay better attention to what is going on when it happens. On a positive note I am seriously loving the overall feel and usage of the app on iPhone.

Looks like a more advanced tool than OnX at a much cheaper price. Anyone else see it that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the way I see it. There may be some minor functionality differences between the two apps (i.e. hot buttons on the screen, etc). If you got the same capability from OnX, it would cost you over $100 a year. Totally not worth it in my book. I used OnX last year and switched this year.