BaseMap Announces new feature in partnership with SIG Sauer "Remote Markers"

BaseMap

With BaseMap’s new Remote Marker technology you can now mark the precise location of any distant object by using your laser rangefinder. Simply range the target and let BaseMap do the rest.

Additionally, connect your SIG SAUER compatible rangefinder to automatically sync ranged target data and remote marker locations.

With remote markers, use distant targets and landmarks to your advantage. Plan stalks, build routes, view ballistic calculations, measure vast distances, and navigate precisely to your ranged targets.

Imagine ranging and then shooting a buck across a large canyon and immediately having its exact location marked on BaseMap at the point of bullet impact - completely taking the guesswork out of where to start tracking. This is just one example of how to utilize BaseMap’s Remote Marker technology.

Learn more here: https://www.basemap.com/sig-rangefinder/?mc_cid=7a6db02d8a&mc_eid=d3470e80ac

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (145).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (145).jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 58
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (146).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (146).jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 55
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (147).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (147).jpg
    301 KB · Views: 52
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (148).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (148).jpg
    340 KB · Views: 49
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (149).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (149).jpg
    742.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Can you explain how this works? I am guessing you point your phones compas in the direction and it drops a pin at the distance your range finder says.

choovhntr

WKR
So tested everything out…. The KILO2400ABS that I have does not work as far as I can tell. BaseMap won’t pick up the device

I ended up calling sig about it too to see if they would offer an update to include the BaseMap feature and they said the 2400 abs is pretty much discontinued. I think we all saw this coming with their recent offers…. And lack of option on their website. look for an 8k rangefinder in the next 4 weeks or so that will bridge the gap between environmental data, drops, etc, with the bdx capabilities as well. Excited about this one for sure!

OP
B

BaseMap

Thanks for the great feedback! The BaseMap Connect feature will work with the Bluetooth-enabled Sig Sauer BDX range finders. If you have a non-Bluetooth Sig rangefinder or a different brand of rangefinder, you can still add a remote marker, it just requires an extra step. To do this, tap Tools > Remote Marker and you'll be prompted to enter the distance, then you can drop your pin.

OP
B

BaseMap

Can you explain how this works? I am guessing you point your phones compas in the direction and it drops a pin at the distance your range finder says.
That's correct! Once you tap to add a "Remote Marker" in the app, you'll be prompted to range (if you have a Bluetooth connect rangefinder) or enter the distance (if you have a non-Bluetooth rangefinder), then you'll see an arrow from the top of the compass that has a crosshair at the ranged distance. You can move the phone to point in the direction you want to drop the marker, adjust the placement of the marker if needed, then add the marker to the map.

Reactions: ZDR
That's correct! Once you tap to add a "Remote Marker" in the app, you'll be prompted to range (if you have a Bluetooth connect rangefinder) or enter the distance (if you have a non-Bluetooth rangefinder), then you'll see an arrow from the top of the compass that has a crosshair at the ranged distance. You can move the phone to point in the direction you want to drop the marker, adjust the placement of the marker if needed, then add the marker to the map.

This is extremely awesome! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZDR