BaseMap Announces new feature in partnership with SIG Sauer "Remote Markers"

OP
BaseMap

BaseMap

Rokslide Sponsor
Can you explain how this works? I am guessing you point your phones compas in the direction and it drops a pin at the distance your range finder says.
Connect your SIG compatible range finder to your phone via bluetooth - then, simply range your target, and a Remote Marker will auto drop to that precise location.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 3.59.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 3.59.28 PM.png
    614 KB · Views: 9
OP
BaseMap

BaseMap

Rokslide Sponsor
Super awesome.. now if Sig would make a stabilized rangefinder I’d get rid of my Nikon ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi , You can still use the Remote Marker functionality with your Nikon rangefinder. Just tap Tools > Remote Marker, then range your target and follow the prompts in the app to enter your distance and add the marker to the map.

OP
BaseMap

BaseMap

Rokslide Sponsor
It’s says it works with Bluetooth enabled rangefinders so does that mean it will work with an older 2400 ABS?
Hi, you can still use the Remote Marker functionality with your SIG 2400. Just tap Tools > Remote Marker, then range your target and follow the prompts in the app to enter your distance and add the marker to the map.

OP
BaseMap

BaseMap

Rokslide Sponsor
So tested everything out…. The KILO2400ABS that I have does not work as far as I can tell. BaseMap won’t pick up the device
It’s says it works with Bluetooth enabled rangefinders so does that mean it will work with an older 2400 ABS?
Hi you can still use the Remote Marker functionality with your other range finder brands and older SIGs. Just tap Tools > Remote Marker, then range your target and follow the prompts in the app to enter your distance and add the marker to the map.

silasbowhunter

Hi , You can still use the Remote Marker functionality with your Nikon rangefinder. Just tap Tools > Remote Marker, then range your target and follow the prompts in the app to enter your distance and add the marker to the map.

Yes I can! . Pretty damn awesome! If Sig would develop a stabilized rangefinder, it’d save me some steps though haha thanks for providing an awesome option as opposed to OnX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCL

Thank you for all the upgrades.
Basemap has really worked well for me.