BaseMap Announces new feature in partnership with SIG Sauer "Remote Markers"

OP
B

BaseMap

Can you explain how this works? I am guessing you point your phones compas in the direction and it drops a pin at the distance your range finder says.
Connect your SIG compatible range finder to your phone via bluetooth - then, simply range your target, and a Remote Marker will auto drop to that precise location.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 3.59.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 3.59.28 PM.png
    614 KB · Views: 26
OP
B

BaseMap

Super awesome.. now if Sig would make a stabilized rangefinder I’d get rid of my Nikon ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi , You can still use the Remote Marker functionality with your Nikon rangefinder. Just tap Tools > Remote Marker, then range your target and follow the prompts in the app to enter your distance and add the marker to the map.

OP
B

BaseMap

It’s says it works with Bluetooth enabled rangefinders so does that mean it will work with an older 2400 ABS?
Hi, you can still use the Remote Marker functionality with your SIG 2400. Just tap Tools > Remote Marker, then range your target and follow the prompts in the app to enter your distance and add the marker to the map.

OP
B

BaseMap

So tested everything out…. The KILO2400ABS that I have does not work as far as I can tell. BaseMap won’t pick up the device
It’s says it works with Bluetooth enabled rangefinders so does that mean it will work with an older 2400 ABS?
Hi you can still use the Remote Marker functionality with your other range finder brands and older SIGs. Just tap Tools > Remote Marker, then range your target and follow the prompts in the app to enter your distance and add the marker to the map.

Hi , You can still use the Remote Marker functionality with your Nikon rangefinder. Just tap Tools > Remote Marker, then range your target and follow the prompts in the app to enter your distance and add the marker to the map.

Yes I can! . Pretty damn awesome! If Sig would develop a stabilized rangefinder, it’d save me some steps though haha thanks for providing an awesome option as opposed to OnX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did we ever get any feedback on whether or not it will work with the sig BDX 3000 without having to do any extra steps? Has anyone had success with the bdx 3000 and can provide what the process is and how user friendly? It would be worth comparing the rest of basemap and possibly switching from onx for such a great addition. If it works smoothly and accurately. Any feedback with the use and accuracy would be great, especially with the BDX3000.
Thanks

any updates?? if using the bdx3000, do you still have to do the whole point the phone thing or do the binoculars link to the app somehow and give it the correct location? If that it the case, it's pretty much the same as I've been doing for years onx, I range and then using the distance line to guess roughly where the animal is. That is kind of cool but not nearly as accurate as if the binos would just send a pin to the exact location. That would be amazing and make me purchase the Basemap app. Otherwise, you are still looking at an elk or deer 1700 yards away and trying to tell which set of trees or draw he is bedded in. It's alot tougher than 1 would think to tell on the maps which cut or brush they are in that you need to come up on from the other direction. Pointing the phone, or the using the phone's internal compass is pretty inaccurate, enough so that it will get you in the area but if they are hidden and you have to come from the other side due to wind and everything looks different, it's tough to not bump the bull. An exact location drop from a mile away and across a valley would be awesome. Any updates would be great.... Basemap rep or anyone using the Sig BDX binos have any experience?
Thanks

josef

FNG
This works with the kilo3000bdx. You will need to use the phone compass because the left doesn’t have one. You do not need cell service for this feature to work.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I have the Sig 5k and a samsung galaxy. This feature sounds amazing, but the accuracy imo has been terrible. Something wrong with the accuracy from ranging to obtaining the proper azimuth on your phone. Mine has been off hundreds of yards at less than a 1000 yard range. Hopefully they can fix this because this feature could have some serious promise to it.

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Sig 5k and a samsung galaxy. This feature sounds amazing, but the accuracy imo has been terrible. Something wrong with the accuracy from ranging to obtaining the proper azimuth on your phone. Mine has been off hundreds of yards at less than a 1000 yard range. Hopefully they can fix this because this feature could have some serious promise to it.
I have a Samsung Galaxy as well and I found that tracking is way off on Basemap since I switched from Iphone. My old tracks on iphone when I hike follow every little turn in the trails, where as now they are straight lines from dot to dot at times that I opened the actual phone and app to place a waypoint. So tracking distance traveled is way off by the end of a hike. Maybe it is a Samsung or android issue with the app..?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a demo on this at Expo. If it works outdoors, you don't need to buy the Swaro' EL Range with Tracking.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
I've used this feature manually with my Leupold 1600 rangefinder multiple times, and if you input the information correctly and accurately it works exceptionally well. I have not used it with one of the compatible Sig RF's, but as a tool it works as I could expect it and can be a gamechanger in certain instances.

does anyone know if you have to use yhe compass in your phone if you have the 10k? It sou ds like it's OK but not accurate enough for Mr using the internal compass off the phone. Thanks

any updates on this? I've heard poor results with the 10k? great feature... if it is accurate but I e heard it is not. is it also available for use with onx? I've used the leica version which works with several apps, Google, onx, etc and it is OK, can be off by 50 yards but seems way more accurate than what people are getting from the sig 10k. I've heard the 10k has been off by as much as hundreds of yards and only works with basemap. If anyone has good user feedback, I'd really appreciate it. thanks