BaseMap App Review for 2020, By Jim Carr

BaseMap

Great question. As long as you have the various "Basemaps" selected when you save the offline map you will be able to switch between satellite and topo. Any layer turned on will be saved in the map.

Great question. As long as you have the various "Basemaps" selected when you save the offline map you will be able to switch between satellite and topo. Any layer turned on will be saved in the map.

Offline map: how do I select multiple layers before saving?

BaseMap

Offline map: how do I select multiple layers before saving?

When you are in the offline map menu for downloading, you select the layer menu which is the icon toward the bottom right that looks like two squares on top of each other. It will open up all of the available layers you have for offline mapping. Anything you have turned on will have a green box around it.

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
When you are in the offline map menu for downloading, you select the layer menu which is the icon toward the bottom right that looks like two squares on top of each other. It will open up all of the available layers you have for offline mapping. Anything you have turned on will have a green box around it.
I just downloaded BaseMaps after having OnX for years. One thing driving me nuts already is how do I get rid of all these grid lines that show up no matter what in 40 acre blocks?? These arent the property lines and they show up even if you have public and private land owner info OFF.

1598620243125.png

I just downloaded BaseMaps after having OnX for years. One thing driving me nuts already is how do I get rid of all these grid lines that show up no matter what in 40 acre blocks?? These arent the property lines and they show up even if you have public and private land owner info OFF.

View attachment 210791

Following in case they pop up on mine.
I don't have the grids. I wouldn't want them either. I don't see anything in settings.

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
Following in case they pop up on mine.
I don't have the grids. I wouldn't want them either. I don't see anything in settings.
You dont have the grids? I have them both on the desktop version and the app- looks at this its insane
1598624190849.png

You dont have the grids? I have them both on the desktop version and the app- looks at this its insane
View attachment 210798

Negative. Thankfully I don't have them. Probably just a setting. Although I didn't see anything obvious. I tried to duplicate your findings to see if I could help.
Basemap user responds quickly IME.

View attachment 210798

Hit the layers button circled in Red and take some layers off
ff7e51376d89cfcf70e925a9dba31763.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
Hit the layers button circled in Red and take some layers off
ff7e51376d89cfcf70e925a9dba31763.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
that seemed to have worked in the app, i turned off any layers then turned them all back on the grid lines went away for whatever reason. Same cant be said for the desktop version, i turned off all layers and the lines are still there

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
This is something that we are currently working on fixing. Our GIS team is working on eliminating the squares so that we can just show the property lines. Stay tuned for a future update.
Does it only effect the desktop version? I seemed to have gotten it to turn off on the app on my iPhone

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
We are working on a fix across all platforms.
Appreciate the reply. I got the grid lines to go away on the app at least

Is there something in the works as well to be able to adjust the transparency of the layers in the app? When you turn on the public land layer it shades it in a dark green which really screws with you especially if you are looking in a area that is already very green from the landscape.

BaseMap

Appreciate the reply. I got the grid lines to go away on the app at least

Is there something in the works as well to be able to adjust the transparency of the layers in the app? When you turn on the public land layer it shades it in a dark green which really screws with you especially if you are looking in a area that is already very green from the landscape.

We have talked about it, but I honestly don't know when that will be coming.

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
I tried baseman last year and it was really buggy maybe it’s gotten better . I also herd onX is adding 3 d

BaseMap

I tried baseman last year and it was really buggy maybe it’s gotten better . I also herd onX is adding 3 d

The app has seen significant upgrades since you last tried it. onX is working on 3D, but we already have it for iOS. Plus, our satellite imagery is far and away better than onX has right now.