BaseMap Pro Review 2021 - Offline Upgrades

backcountrybutcher

Lil-Rokslider
But the mobile version isn't true 3d at all. It gives very little depth compared to google earth, gohunt maps, and now OnX. It cant even be compared to the new 3D in Onx or Gohunt. This has now become a must have feature because its widely available in the market. Does anyone know how long it will be before Basemaps comes out with this on either mobile or desktop? @BaseMap

Joel

But the mobile version isn't true 3d at all. It gives very little depth compared to google earth, gohunt maps, and now OnX. It cant even be compared to the new 3D in Onx or Gohunt. This has now become a must have feature because its widely available in the market. Does anyone know how long it will be before Basemaps comes out with this on either mobile or desktop? @BaseMap

Joel
I haven’t seen the OnX 3D yet, but Google earth is definitely way more dynamic than the BaseMap 3D.
Also still can’t figure out why i can’t access a bunch of the layers that used to be there. Hopefully an update will be coming soon that will address this stuff.

Superdoo

WKR
I let my @BaseMap subscription go because of poor performance on my computer. After trying goHUNT, I switched.
The bulk of my use is hunt planning in areas that I can’t physically scout so the performance on a computer was a major driver to switch. I still feel BaseMap is a great value for the money and it always worked well in the field for the year that I used it prior to switching.

Anyone know where all those layers went, or am I just missing something in the app? There should be hundreds of layers and I’m definitely not finding that many in my layers tab.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know where all those layers went, or am I just missing something in the app? There should be hundreds of layers and I’m definitely not finding that many in my layers tab.
sorry we missed this. Sam's been hunting but I sent him your question so he should be on soon if you still need help.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes they have changed thier layer options on the app. If you have the pro version there is more option to choose from.
BaseMap did redesign the layer section and moved some layers to other drop down categories such as land, roads and trails, wildfire and timber cuts. Also if you go to hunting and choose a state there are usually a couple layers specific to that state.

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
I left BaseMap this last year due to it lagging and often times after a minute it was just freeze. It didn’t matter if I was online or offline. WiFi or not. Sucks because I really enjoyed the features. Maybe it was something on my end… idk.

Eastfork

FNG
i have used base map and onx side by side for the last few years. there are many thinks i like about both. i wish base map had different colors for there icons and there tracks. one thing that really bugs me is basemap is extremely sluggish a lot of the time. i really dont know why. ive trying many things that tech support reccomended. onx has always been much quicker. if i had to have just one i think it would have to be onx