Basemap Remote Marker

street

WKR
I'm not usually against higher tech for hunting, but we need to start drawing the line somewhere. These technologies are reducing the art of hunting and attempting to make it a science.

Seems to me that in the past 10 years or so, we have approached the point where laws need to start regulating some of these technologies(see AZ camera ban).

Thoughts?

How do you like this platform compared to others? I’m thinking of making a switch. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spennie

FNG
How do you like this platform compared to others? I’m thinking of making a switch. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it basic, yet too complex. The maps are very fragmented by state and they are missing some major features that the other hunting apps have. I use hunt stand currently, $30 for the whole country plus Canada and they have the most appealing feature set for me. I mainly use the property boundaries, but I like being able to easily share my setup with the rest of our camp.

I'm not usually against higher tech for hunting, but we need to start drawing the line somewhere. These technologies are reducing the art of hunting and attempting to make it a science.

Seems to me that in the past 10 years or so, we have approached the point where laws need to start regulating some of these technologies(see AZ camera ban).

Thoughts?

If it makes for a safer hunt I'm all for it, but some technologies have gone too far - beyond safety or digitizing something we already did anyways (drew a map). A technology that range finds and adjusts your scope dynamically is too much for hunting in my opinion, the remote marker feature is just a gimmick, I can't see many people running out to buy the tech and use it in real life, unless they already own a kilo bdx or other model.

OP
street

street

WKR
I find it basic, yet too complex. The maps are very fragmented by state and they are missing some major features that the other hunting apps have. I use hunt stand currently, $30 for the whole country plus Canada and they have the most appealing feature set for me. I mainly use the property boundaries, but I like being able to easily share my setup with the rest of our camp.

If it makes for a safer hunt I'm all for it, but some technologies have gone too far - beyond safety or digitizing something we already did anyways (drew a map). A technology that range finds and adjusts your scope dynamically is too much for hunting in my opinion, the remote marker feature is just a gimmick, I can't see many people running out to buy the tech and use it in real life, unless they already own a kilo bdx or other model.
It may not be used efficiently right away but over time the incremental improvements add up. It's how we got to this point with angle compensating finders, drop aways, bubble levels, improved optics, tripods. Pan heads. Everything seems to be adding up to the general hunter being more effective in the field.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Anyone used this feature? I have tried a few different times and it seems to mismark my ranged distance more often than not. Usually off hundreds of yards.