BaseMap Review, By Les Welch with video by Jordan Budd

FNG
I run BaseMap over OnX because of the price, but I also am still running my Backcountry Navigator on Android because I can easily download a whole unit of maps and not have to deal with the time it takes to do that on BM or OnX. I have had Backcountry Navigator for what feels like 10 years and probably have less than $100 into it. It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles, but it does the job for me. When I am on a weeklong hunt, I never turn it off and it never stops tracking me and I can download hybrid topos, regular topos and aerial photos for a whole unit easily and it shows public/private boundaries and unit boundaries. I run both because BaseMap gives me the updated landowner names and I can sync to my computer. It is nice to have both!

BaseMap

sorry, that's a cop out. If I can download them all individually and store them on my phone there is no reason they can't figure out a workaround in their software. If the map companies limit the size of a grid that can be downloaded then the app simply needs to break up the area that I want to download into smaller grids and download them one at a time until the entire area I want is downloaded. This should be something they do in the app, not something they make me spend hours doing.

BaseMap now has unlimited offline map downloads. No matter how many you cache, they are all active at the same time.

Nick13

FNG
Tell me if I’m over looking it some where but I can’t seem to find a layer that maps the Boarders of big game units in New Mexico