BaseMap Vs. OnX, My Review

Similar to the OP, longtime Onx user (4 years). Gave basemap pro a shot after onx tracking and imagery issues . (Tracking is about 5050 whether a track actually records, whether I can see it, and whether it will quit tracking mid way through. For Imagery 80% of the areas I hunt in Colorado are now satelite layers from the depths of winter and land navigating to a particularly rock outcrop or other land feature is now impossible above the montane/subalpine (until I take up backcountry snowshoe hare hunting, in which case midwinter imagery might be alright.... ) What drew me to Basemap was the advertised USGS topo, apparent improved imagery resolution and host of additional layers over Onx. The sig bdx external waypoint feature was also intriguing. After about 2 weeks Im back to Onx and here is why. USGS topo which has great topolines, occasional spring/water features, streamflow permanance lines, place names, and all sorts of great stuff, cant be downloaded for offline use (same goes for a host of other layers). Also a big time bummer is the offline imagery resolution is terrible, (even when downloading the highest res, small tiles). For Android, you cant use coordinates in the search bar. And lastly, the external rangefinder waypoint feature with the sig isnt precise enough to use in hunting scenarios. By that I mean once you get it to sync and range, you must point your phone at the ranged target, and if youre off by a degree or more and the distance at 500plus yards, youre waypoint is waaay off. In short, while I reallly like the possibility of using different layers, the wind direction/strength estimation tool, and the interface, the tools shortcomings were too much for me particularly for a 90%+ offline map user. I should also say their customer service and inquiry response times were great and they seem like good folks over there.