Bass Pro Shop buys Sportsman’s Warehouse

Jeff1980

FNG
Sad to see this happening. Last time I stopped by SW I asked the guy behind the counter when the changes were coming. He said they were told not till after this fall at the earliest. I guess that means enjoy it till then anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TFrank

WKR
I haven’t bought much from basspro, but just took a chance on them as they had a St. Croix Rod I wanted. It was also the best price I could find.

First they sent me a garbage 35 dollar rod instead of the croix. I was pissed knowing that some employee literally had to take it off the shelf and somehow confused a crap bass pro rod with a st croix (on top of that it was the wrong length, and power). They did ship the right rod out as soon as I notified them of their mistake, but wanted me to return the other rod. At cost that rod is probably worth 10 bucks to them. They gave me a 20 gift card and footed the bill for fedex return shipping, hardly seemed worth it to me. They should have just let me keep the rod, but hey they gave me 20 bucks to spend on tackle instead of having a junk rod. Also not the end of the world, but it can be a hassle for me to get to a FedEx and my printer doesn’t work, so there was that minor annoyance with the return.

so I received the st croix they sent to fix their mistake. Guess what, the tip is busted off because they packaged it like jack asses. The damage during shipping is totally on them not the carrier. Got a full refund, and it just reaffirmed why I am usually a Scheels customer.

not looking for sympathy or lectures. I am just pissed and unimpressed. Vent vent vent.

Last edited:

wyosteve

WKR
Yes, thank goodness for Scheel's. Hope they don't cave to a buy out offer from Bass Pro!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yes, thank goodness for Scheel's. Hope they don't cave to a buy out offer from Bass Pro!
Well, they're employee owned so they would have to vote to approve an offer like that. That wasn't the case with Cabelas.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Late to the party here. Guess I know why there's nothing in my local sportsmans. But looking on the bright side I should be able to load up on jerky, sauces, and some swanky red head gear soon.
I'd better go sign up for that world class rewards card too. Gotta get those points to use on xmas gifts for cousin Eddie when he shows up.

hunterjmj

WKR
Rarely go into sportsmans anymore. There selection of reloading components has always sucked. I order most reloading stuff from Sinclair. The selection locally has dwindled over the past year and a half. I'm sure this has something to do with it. Bob Wards is usually our go to and scheels in Billings. But most of the gear I buy is online cause no stores carry what most of us want. Sitka did open a store here which is nice. There stuff is spendy but I like the few pieces I have.

Shane_S4

FNG

Shane_S4

FNG
Rarely go into sportsmans anymore. There selection of reloading components has always sucked. I order most reloading stuff from Sinclair. The selection locally has dwindled over the past year and a half. I'm sure this has something to do with it. Bob Wards is usually our go to and scheels in Billings. But most of the gear I buy is online cause no stores carry what most of us want. Sitka did open a store here which is nice. There stuff is spendy but I like the few pieces I have.
Sportsmans in Helena used to have a TON of reloading stuff. Probably beat aelection ive seen anywhere. However that was a few years ago.

Sportsman's has been going downhill since right before they filed Chapter 11. Prior to that they were opening so many stores we were shipping product from preexisting locations to stock the new ones.

Never seemed to bounce back after that.

mck71

WKR
I hate to see this happen. I always looked forward to stopping at the store in Ankeny, Iowa when I came up to visit family.
Years ago I had to ask everyone in my family to stop giving me bass pro gift cards for presents because I could never find anything I felt was worth their prices, even with gift cards. On the plus side, it’s been nice to work a little harder for finding things by shopping with smaller companies who specialize in the things I want to buy.

2ski

WKR
I dont know, the only thing Bob Wards in Bozeman has over Sportsmans(right now) is they always have pretty girls running the register. Lol

KRATOCT

FNG
After losing gander mountain, gander outdoor, (not much of a loss for either) was excited to see a Sportsman’s warehouse come to northern MI. Not so much anymore. Can’t believe that one of the biggest fishing destinations in NW MI has nothing more than a small archery shop and a small gun store. Happy to support them but supplies and gear are often very limited

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t bought much from basspro, but just took a chance on them as they had a St. Croix Rod I wanted. It was also the best price I could find.

First they sent me a garbage 35 dollar rod instead of the croix. I was pissed knowing that some employee literally had to take it off the shelf and somehow confused a crap bass pro rod with a st croix (on top of that it was the wrong length, and power). They did ship the right rod out as soon as I notified them of their mistake, but wanted me to return the other rod. At cost that rod is probably worth 10 bucks to them. They gave me a 20 gift card and footed the bill for fedex return shipping, hardly seemed worth it to me. They should have just let me keep the rod, but hey they gave me 20 bucks to spend on tackle instead of having a junk rod. Also not the end of the world, but it can be a hassle for me to get to a FedEx and my printer doesn’t work, so there was that minor annoyance with the return.

so I received the st croix they sent to fix their mistake. Guess what, the tip is busted off because they packaged it like jack asses. The damage during shipping is totally on them not the carrier. Got a full refund, and it just reaffirmed why I am usually a Scheels customer.

not looking for sympathy or lectures. I am just pissed and unimpressed. Vent vent vent.
I had them send me just the bottom part of the rod with the reel on a 2 piece. I called and the lady on the phone said the 2 pieces mean the reel and the bottom part. After trying to explain to her that it was a 2 piece rod + reel for over 5 minutes I finally spoke to a manager and got a refund + gift card.