Bass Pro Sportsman's merger is off

Sportsman's Warehouse in Sheridan, WY (population about 19,000) has three times as many fishing reels as the Cabela's in Billings, MT (population about 109,000).

ClearCreek

Trial153

WKR
Sportsman's Warehouse in Sheridan, WY (population about 19,000) has three times as many fishing reels as the Cabela's in Billings, MT (population about 109,000).

ClearCreek

That’s actually a nice little store. The couple times I was in it they had pretty much everything you could want. I was impressed with the willingness to stock higher end gear.

Marble

WKR
Long time Cabelas customer. Ever since the merger it's gotten worse. The last straw was this year in grand junction. I already canceled my Cabelas card. It's a shame.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

JoeDirt

WKR
Wow I thought the deal was done based on how many changes rolled though my local sportsmans. Hopefully they get rid of the 500 pellet grills that are $100 cheaper at Costco a half mile away
Yeah my store changed a lot. I use to go there to get some quality bbq pellets. Now all they sell is Traeger and Camp Chief, that it no other brands :mad:

I said to the employee "WTF is this, I can go into any gas station and hardware store and buy ******* Traeger pellets. I guess ill get what I want on Amazon so Bezos can shoot dick rockets into space"

Retail is broken....

gearguywb

WKR
Great news! BP has done a fine job of converting Cabelas to selling cheap crap and getting away from quality gear. Would hat to see them do the same thing to Sportsmans.

Same as others have said, Scheels has really taken off here in town if you are looking for good gear, and someone that might actually be available in the store to help you find an item or answer a question

This news sure is great to hear! I’ve really come to like sportsman’s warehouse over cabelas/bass pro and usually go there first for my needs.

Mtnboy

WKR
This is definitely great news.

I had already seen changes at the local Sportsmans to me....hopefully they are able to go back to their old ways.

WCB

WKR
Sportsman's whether they are with BP or not still sucks and are no where near what they used to be.

I feared the worst when I noticed our local Sportsman's had massively increased their candy, jerky, sauces, and spices section then moved it to the front of the store. Almost like they were inviting BP to come buy them.

Guess I'll give up the dream of being outfitted head to toe in Red Head gear for my next western hunt.

K2e2vin

FNG
Great news but I started turning to independent shops. I was at Cabelas with my brother to pick up a gun(that he bought using discounted gift cards) during Black Friday weekend and I think that's the only time they're busy.

Azone

WKR
Long time Cabelas customer. Ever since the merger it's gotten worse. The last straw was this year in grand junction. I already canceled my Cabelas card. It's a shame.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I swung into the grand junction location on my way to hunt deer a couple weeks ago and could not believe they had no blaze orange on any of the racks.

Jbehredt

WKR
I swung into the grand junction location on my way to hunt deer a couple weeks ago and could not believe they had no blaze orange on any of the racks.

And if you asked an employees where to find it they wouldn’t know what it was. Blaze? Orange?

Azone

WKR
And if you asked an employees where to find it they wouldn’t know what it was. Blaze? Orange?
I asked two employees and nobody knew nothing. I couldn’t believe that a store marketed towards hunters in a state with mandatory blaze orange laws didn’t have a few racks full of orange stuff during hunting season.

Htm84

WKR
I asked two employees and nobody knew nothing. I couldn’t believe that a store marketed towards hunters in a state with mandatory blaze orange laws didn’t have a few racks full of orange stuff during hunting season.
The cabelas up here started carrying redhead branded snake boots. In a state that has zero snakes. They had 4 styles to choose from.