Batter Gobbler - iPhne 6Plus

FlyBigSky

FNG
Is anyone else having a problem with this app killing their battery in an hour? This is ridiculous.

I did back when I had an iPhone 6. Lots of apps kill iPhone 6’s, it’s generally believed that apple intentionally built “battery fade” into many of their phones to force people to buy new models. Don’t know if it’s true or not, but a common belief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Htm84

WKR
I did back when I had an iPhone 6. Lots of apps kill iPhone 6’s, it’s generally believed that apple intentionally built “battery fade” into many of their phones to force people to buy new models. Don’t know if it’s true or not, but a common belief.

Pretty sure they came out and admitted slowing the phones down to “save” battery life.

OP
F

FlyBigSky

FNG

Wow, I hope that's not the case. That sounds almost criminal.
Batter Gobbler? I'm not even gonna touch that one...
Didn't realize my keyboard has some dead keys.

jspradley

WKR
What app are you using? Those old phone batteries drain really quick, I suspect that's not unintentional.

Have you looked into a battery replacement? Those batteries dont last very long. Also do you have a ton of background apps running?

OP
F

FlyBigSky

FNG
What app are you using? Those old phone batteries drain really quick, I suspect that's not unintentional.

Have you looked into a battery replacement? Those batteries don't last very long. Also do you have a ton of background apps running?
On X
No, my battery hasn't changed since I've had this iPhone. I'm very Apple Savvy, and I close out all apps every day. I've been reading a lot about this app Gobbling down batteries like they were candy.

OP
F

FlyBigSky

FNG
I just purchased a Huawe Ascend just for this App. It's supposed to have a great battery life.

zacattack

WKR
Is anyone else having a problem with this app killing their battery in an hour? This is ridiculous.

I have the exact same phone and my battery life sucks for most apps, especially OnX. However, if I download the maps I want and run in airplane mode it uses almost no battery.

OP
F

FlyBigSky

FNG
I have the exact same phone and my battery life sucks for most apps, especially OnX. However, if I download the maps I want and run in airplane mode it uses almost no battery.
Ah yes. Thank you guys for the help.
So I have looking for the instructions to download maps for areas i will be hunting. I haven't found the instructions yet. I'm thinking it's probably the same as when I download detail on my Go4 app for my drone.
On that, I zoom in on the areas I will fly, and it stores the detail on the map for that area. the only thing is it does it automatically on my Go4 without specifying to save it.