Batteries.....

What kid of batteries are you using in your electronics? (GPS, Headlamps, ect.)
Alkaline or Lithium? pro's and con's to each?

sk1

WKR
i went alkaline this year and carried like a pound of batteries lol......lithium from now on

Yep, energizer lithiums. I'm sure someone has done the math to determine what the cost comparison is to alkalines, when you consider the longer life of the lithiums. Wouldn't be suprised to find out that the cost difference is negligable.

OP
Jake Leibke
How are the lithium holding up in cold weather?

My lithium power tool batteries suck in the cold !

My GPS goes through a set of alkaline a day. Are the lithium much better?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My power tool Lithium Ion batteries didn't like cold weather either, but the Energizer Lithium crush everything in cold weather. I don't leave my GPS on all the time, but I'll get a week out of my Oregon 500 with 1 set of batteries.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I use energizer lithiums in my headlamp and GPS.

I have eneloops in my foxpro and decoy for predator hunting. They work well. Don't last as long as lithiums but they're rechargeable.

bbrown

WKR
I have found out that the Lithiums work great in my GPS (last much longer even though I don't use it much) and a few other items however for some reason my head lamp (Princeton Quad) runs thru them fast - quicker than the regular alkaline. I have no idea why but I tried it twice thinking maybe some how it accidentlly got left on or something and it happened again.

Not sure your definition of cold weather, but I used alkalines and lithiums in my GPS this year on some high country hunts. I'd get about a day out of alkalines. I'd get 3-5 days out of lithiums.

2rocky

WKR
Lithium when I have to buy 'em. As for cold weather, the Grabber My Coal hand warmers in your pouch makes your electronics (as Phil Robertson would say), "happy, happy, happy".....

OP
Jake Leibke
Thanks for the input guys!! Looks like I with be trying some lithium!! Sounds like energizer are the best? Any other brands worth looking at?