Battery Packs? What's good?

Fatcamp

WKR
I just bought the Anker Powercore Slim 10,000 PD recently and am a little annoyed that it doesn’t comes with a USB-A to USB-C cord as I don’t have a way to charge it. It only has a USB-C to USB-C cord. To charge it I’d need a USB-C wall charger, which I learned after the fact.

It’s probably a great power bank, but I’m probably going to return it and get the non-PD version. I don’t need to rapidly charge the power bank and don’t want to have to worry about having a specific wall charger for it.

It’s on me that I didn’t catch this before buying it and hopefully others don’t make the same mistake.

Thanks for the heads up. Due to your post I educated myself on cord options.

*zap*

WKR
I have a couple of rav power that I purchased used maybe 6 years ago and they keep a charge just fine for months....

intunegp

WKR
I've used both Anker and RavPower and always been pleased. Been eyeballing the Nitecore NB10000 Ultra Slim for my next one...10,000mAh and comes in at 5.29oz.

Erict

WKR
If weight is not a concern (non-backpack adventures) you may get some double duty out of one of these new battery packs that are marketed for jump starting vehicles. This one is 18000 mah and weighs 18 oz: Microstart XP-10

I have a couple different anker ones but in my research i found that these were supposedly the lightest weight for the capacity about 6 months ago when i last looked into it. I got 2 of them and they are more expensive but definitely lighter and much slimmer than my anker 10000

I've used both Anker and RavPower and always been pleased. Been eyeballing the Nitecore NB10000 Ultra Slim for my next one...10,000mAh and comes in at 5.29oz.
Get one, they're way smaller and lighter lol i wish i knew about them before i bought my first 2 anker ones

Drenalin

WKR
I've got the Nitecore NB10000. So far so good, but haven't had used it in any real cold. I've got a weekend backpacking trip the end of February so we'll find out then.

solo06

FNG
I've used a couple of the FosPower 10,050 mAh power banks off Amazon for about the last 5 years, and been happy with their performance. This was the first portable battery charger I've used, worked so well I just never needed to try anything different.

I like the waterproofing/covered ports, built-in light, and tether for hanging, weighing 7.8 oz. An ounce or two more than the Anker, but has those added features.

I've never owned a Dark Energy, and I probably never will. Other models like FosPower, Anker, etc. are so much cheaper and still work so well I'd have a hard time justifying the cost for a Dark Energy.

Kitten

FNG
I don't know if it's just me, but my Anker 10,000 needs like "woken up" sometimes when it's attached to something it's supposed to be charging, or it stops charging it. I also had issues where when I had an android, it would barely charge it before I had to wake it up again and then the same thing would happen again. Other than that, it is a nice small battery that holds a long charge.

I don't know if it's just me, but my Anker 10,000 needs like "woken up" sometimes when it's attached to something it's supposed to be charging, or it stops charging it. I also had issues where when I had an android, it would barely charge it before I had to wake it up again and then the same thing would happen again. Other than that, it is a nice small battery that holds a long charge.
I dont have those issues with either of my ankers, but i prefer the nitcore now

ty_ms3

FNG

Mine does that too, I think it might turn off after a bit so it doesn’t run through the whole battery. You just have to check it every once in a while and hit the button I guess.

Rockchuck

WKR
I picked up the 20k anker a few years back to run my labradar. I went witg the 20k thinking i could ise the extra juice for long range days, but it will run all day and still shows a full charge in that format. Hindsight tells me the 10k would have been fine for that and also more packable while hunting. I leave it in a ziplock at camp usually and charge at night.