Battery powered chainsaws.

OP
Billy Goat
I love this guys videos, he does a cool review and has both saws

I like those videos, appreciate you put those up.

It seems the dewalt is likely the one to get if you already have their power tools for certain.

All the options I see with stihl makes me think that a slightly smaller version (1/4 pitch chain rather than the 3/8 picco) 200 versus the 220 might have helped the saw do a lot better in the tests he was doing. Extra 1/8" means you are cutting 50% more material.

Pretty good review tho, if I was more familiar with the other options I might see the same thing within those brands.

tdhanses

WKR
I’d say go Milwaukee since you have batteries, I went dewalt last year and haven’t used my gas stihl since, battery is really nice and can handle most jobs, haven’t had anything I do it couldn’t handle.

wesfromky

WKR
If you are just looking at small stuff, you might give a hooyman electric pole saw a look. It won't cut big stuff, but I have found it very helpful in trimming brush and branches.

AZmark

WKR
I’ve been looking at them also for keeping one in the jeep when out hunting.

Can anyone tell me if the auto oilers on them leak as bad as a gas saw???

Ive also heard of one brand that had a manual push pump oil, I don’t remember the brand, anyone familiar with it?

CCooper

WKR
Have the 12" Dewalt. It leaks - keep it in a locking compartment on the Side by Side. Probably one of the best tools I have picked up in years. I run the 9AH car battery and it lasts a good while. No problems cutting enough firewood to heap-up the bed when camping with battery to spare.

The Milwaukee rocks. I got one of the large batteries with it, and use my other batteries for backup

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
Used one of the Stihl saws two years ago. One of the guys in camp brought it along. I was impressed with it for sure! We used it for cutting all our camp firewood. Battery lasted much longer than I thought it would. And charge was quick. We had it along with us on all of our hunts, as we were hunting old burns and the slightest breeze would blow trees down across the road. Was very handy for clearing the road.

I don’t have experience with the other ones. If all you are doing is clearing small wood and not using it to cut cords of firewood I think you’d be happy with most any of them.

Medusa7MM

WKR
Another bump on the Dewalt. I’ve abused it plenty and it hasn’t failed me yet. It does leak bar oil, not a big deal though. For what your wanting it for works great. I’m sure the Milwaukee is similar to the Dewalt.

kpk

WKR
You guys with the Milwaukee - what would you estimate your realistic run times to be with ?ah battery?

JoeDirt

WKR
I bought the Echo, works amazing. Bought an extra battery, use canola oil for bar oil. My truck canopy hasn't smelled better!

OP
Billy Goat
Well so far the first negative for the Stihl is the AL300 charger won't charge in my truck. I have 150 watt and the charger is 300.

Extrapale

WKR
If you already have some batteries, go that route.

I have the Makita dual 18v. It's an amazing little saw.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk