Battery powered clothing

Let me start by stating I have a crap-ton of hunting clothes (mostly Sitka) and can layer quite effectively 99% of the time. Over Memorial weekend I located a herd of razorbacks but they were on the wrong side of the fence so I sat down and waited...and waited...and waited...and waited some more. The skies darkened, temps dropped and the wind picked up. After several hours patiently watching the bacon mill around on the wrong property this happened.

Now I was dressed for it. Had thick Darn Tough wool socks, Kuiu heavy longjohns (top & bottom) plus a cotton tee shirt, Sitka Timberline pants, LW hoody, Kelvin jacket, gloves and over all that...Dewpoint rain gear (jacket & pants). Still I found myself shivering. So then I saw this...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H50RCY4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
...and wondered if anyone has any experience with the
ORORO Men's Lightweight Heated Vest

If it works then it would resolve unexpected situations when you find yourself losing body heat faster than you can generate it or are restricted from movement (as I was). Ten hours on the lowest setting (100 degrees) would be quite a buffer and it doesn't weigh much. I bought one on impulse and got it minutes ago. The battery is charging. Eager to see how well it works. Gear testing is always a kick. Any opinions...good or bad?

Poser

WKR
These don’t seem to have caught on very well, for whatever reason. TNF was the first one I recall to hit the market and they almost immediately issued a recall and discontinued the jacket due to battery ignition (yep, some folks caught on fire!). Milwaukee has had one out for a good while that some Eastern hunters use for treestand hunting. Seems like it would potentially work great for the ski industry, but they just aren’t very common in application.

I’ve been eyeing and thinking about the Pnuma heated vest since it came out and the Cabelas before that. I think it will be great for later season cold windy hunts that start at the vehicle each day.

*zap*

WKR
I have the Milwaukee m-12 vest that I converted to m-18. I wear it regularly when it is cold for work, around town and outdoors. The downside is that the heat is in the upper chest/upper back area and I would rather have it lower.....core/lower back. If I was getting something like that specifically for hunting I would want it to not be bulky and heat from waist to bottom of shoulder blades or more but at least that area.

HunterEng

FNG
I have a heat vest that I use for late season muzzleloader in iowa it cabelas brand.....its handy....

Beendare

WKR
Seems like a good idea for a late season mountain, Canadian or midwestern stand hunt.

I doubt you will find many California Hog hunters bothering with one in that frigid [grin] 50 degree weather.....

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
The vest is crap...the heat output in my home at 67 degrees was marginal at best. Unimpressed.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Gerbing makes heated vests, jackets, pants, socks, but I don't know if they make anything for battery powered use. Most plug in to your power socket on your motorcycle. They make solid gear, worth looking I would think.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk