Battle of the 30s

I've just started load development with my 300 PRC , and so far I'm really impressed.
I just got rid of a 300 Norma Mag,way too much blast and recoil..
I'm shocked that my 300 PRC is coming within 50 fps of my NM with all loads, and I'm using 10 grains less powder.
Good bye to the super over bore mags, not worth the minor increase in velocity
This is good to know!

Dopedude

FNG
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experiences. I’m heavily invested in 300wm so i don’t think I will be jumping to these just yet.

Hard to beat the 300 Win Mag without splitting hairs that make very little if any real difference. You can justify a new rifle in a new cartridge with a tiny bit of effort though. We all have.

WorleyElk

FNG
I guess I'm old fashioned. 300 Win mag and work on shot placement and being a better hunter. All 3 will get the job done.

EddieNel

Lil-Rokslider
@FURMAN I know this is an old thread but wanted to see if you still favor the 30 Nos over the prc. I’m fixing to have a custom made and I had my mind set on the 300prc but now I’m not so sure. I reload and I want to be able to shoot light or heavy bullets. This will be a 90% hunting rifle but I want to target shoot as well. I have a 1000 plus yd pipeline next to my house. I know both rounds are great but now I’m undecided.

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
@FURMAN I know this is an old thread but wanted to see if you still favor the 30 Nos over the prc. I’m fixing to have a custom made and I had my mind set on the 300prc but now I’m not so sure. I reload and I want to be able to shoot light or heavy bullets. This will be a 90% hunting rifle but I want to target shoot as well. I have a 1000 plus yd pipeline next to my house. I know both rounds are great but now I’m undecided.
If you are building a custom rifle and loading your own then yes I prefer the 30 Nosler.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord