Battle River Cree Outfitters Saskatchewan

cg2737

WKR
A couple buddies and I are considering a rifle hunt in 2023 to saskatchewan for a moose/deer. We will be driving from NY in order to bring meat back with us. Does anyone have experience with Battle River Cree Outfitters or other outfitters in that area?

Any of the Indian reserves in that area are at best a crapshoot,I would recommend not taking a chance.This is from my personal experience and my hunting clients experiences.

OP
cg2737

cg2737

WKR
Thanks tjmitchell.

I swear I saw a thread once that said there are two Battle River area outfitters and one was good and one was horrible. I just can't seem to find the thread again. I am headed to the Harrisbug PA NRA Outdoor Show on Thursday. There are many outfitters there to talk to.

ChrisF

FNG
One of my former students runs "Lost Creek Outfitters" in north east Saskatchewan. They're a good outfit, but you're spoiled for choices in Saskatchewan.

As has been mentioned, you will be hunting on reservation land, which typically gets hunted extremely heavy by the residents of the reserve, especially if word gets out about a big buck. Youre far better to do a whitetail hunt in sask with someone such as Canadian whitetail outfitters and then drive a little further west to alberta to do the moose hunt. Or just do the whitetail/moose combo in alberta.