Battlefield to Backcountry

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Coming from another military guru......

While in areas of the world that you would rather not be.....thinking about hunting helps bring you back to earth sometimes and eases your mind. When spending time overseas in the sandbox of Iraq or the mountains of Afghanistan thinking about life back home, particularly the backcountry helped me out a lot. Keeping your mind fresh while over there is a must and thinking about my past adventures helped me with that.

Great story!

Jdog

WKR
Coming from another military guru......

While in areas of the world that you would rather not be.....thinking about hunting helps bring you back to earth sometimes and eases your mind. When spending time overseas in the sandbox of Iraq or the mountains of Afghanistan thinking about life back home, particularly the backcountry helped me out a lot. Keeping your mind fresh while over there is a must and thinking about my past adventures helped me with that.

Great story!

Jared - you still in? You at Ellsworth? I spent 2 yrs there from 01-03...good place.

Jdog

WKR
Thanks for the kind comments fellaz. I am currently over here in Afghanistan but plan on hitting the mtns of AK and CO this fall if all goes as planned.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Great stuff Jason. Thanks for sharing. If your interested maybe we can connect when ur up here his fall.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Excellent read Jdog! I 2nd the be safe comment and Thank You for what you do for our Country! Good Luck this fall.

lastcall

Lil-Rokslider
I was stationed at Ellsworth from 01-06. It was a great assignment and hope to be back there soon. Stay safe and get back soon!

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jared - you still in? You at Ellsworth? I spent 2 yrs there from 01-03...good place.

Not in the Airforce. All Army for me! Active duty Guard. It is a great part of the country....close to a lot of good hunting states!

Thanks for your service to the greatest country in the world.
Good read.
Mule Deer Buck one of the better drill sergeant's.....exhausted can't make it and the next thing you know you are jogging. Be Safe!!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Great story, thanks for taking the time to write and for serving the greatest nation on earth- America.