BC Caribou

Xavier

FNG
Hey folks,
I’m looking to plan my first BC Caribou hunt in 2022 with my brother in-law. This is will be a DIY hunt and neither of us has hunted Caribou before. I’m looking for any advice I can get about hunting the Cassiar Mountain range. And if anyone knows any outfits that might drop us off via horse back and pick us backup??

Any help would be appreciated.

Evan_35

FNG
Hey folks,
I’m looking to plan my first BC Caribou hunt in 2022 with my brother in-law. This is will be a DIY hunt and neither of us has hunted Caribou before. I’m looking for any advice I can get about hunting the Cassiar Mountain range. And if anyone knows any outfits that might drop us off via horse back and pick us backup??

Any help would be appreciated.
Me and a buddy of mine are going on a similar hunt this fall flying out of Dease. I would be happy to give you some info of how it went when we get back.

OP
Xavier

Xavier

FNG
Me and a buddy of mine are going on a similar hunt this fall flying out of Dease. I would be happy to give you some info of how it went when we get back.
That would be awesome. I would really appreciate it.

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the only outfits (packers) in BC are in the Fort Nelson/Muncho Lake area (checkout Steamboat outfitters and AA Outfitters). There is a place out of Mcbride (Blue Creek Outfitters) that rents horses and will also train yo how to pack them......chit - I just googled their website and they are semi-retiring....still putting on the packing classes but not renting out the horses for pack in hunting trips any more.....