BC goat hunt 2020

Rackstar

FNG
Hey guys, winters here and I’m bored. So here’s my 2020 northern BC goat.

we hiked in all day on day 1, spotted a few goats but all out of reach and with the rain blowing sideways we hunkered down and set up camp. We were held up till 11:30 the next morning , when my buddy got up to take a piss and spotted a nice billy on the opposite side of the valley. About a 4 hour hike away.

he was way up in the cliffs like a smart goat. But we decided to head in closer for a better look and see if we could make a play.

as we got in the 800 yard range he had us pegged. We sat still in the gale force winds and rain for over a hour. He then got up and shook all the water off him and started heading DOWN for a bite to eat and a drink.

we knew this was our chance , we hustled as fast as we could, climbing one more nut buster hill. There he was 275 yards dead level with me. My buddy ranged him, and I rested my Kimber 300wsm on a rock. Caught my breath and let him have it. 1 shot and he was down.

We skinned and got all the meat in our packs and headed back to camp where we went right to sleep. With grizzlies on every hillside it was a sketchy night.

we woke up to a beautiful August day the next morning and headed on our long long packout. We had some creek beers stashed half way and they tasted amazing.

Salix

FNG
Congrats. Nice goat.
I love the creek beers on the way back. I’m going to remember that one for next summer’s/ fall’s hike up the mountain.

FNG
That’s awesome man. Looking forward to a week of goat hunting myself this year.