BC Goat Hunt Scheduled

buzzy

WKR
Just booked a Feb hunt wtth Bob Milligan. I went on my first goat hunt on Kodiak last October and had an amazing time. Now I want to hunt a larger goat during winter!! I'd love to hear from anyone who has hunted the late season or with Bob in the past.

That sounds awesome, I have been eyeing up a winter goat hunt. I haven’t personally talked to anyone that’s done it, I’d love to hear about it when your done!

My brother guided for Bob for 4 or 5 years, big goats to be had for sure. Be as fit as you can be, practice shooting from field positions and you'll have no problems getting a big shaggy goat. Assuming you'll be out of terrace/stuart area the daylight will be a bit short, but the competition will be very slim from locals that time of year. Unless I'm living back up there by then as I hope to be ;)

The journal of mountain hunting has been doing some podcasts/ hunting videos of winter goat hunts in the general area you'd be hunting. Would give you an idea or the terrain/conditions. They work a little harder than necessary though.

Once you hunt late season and see the coat on those late season billy's, you won't want to hunt them any other time. It's an awesome time, but in my opinion weather is your biggest enemy with that hunt. I have a pretty decent gear list I can send your way if you're looking for something like that.

As noted above, the guys at The Journal have done their fair share of winter goats and cover some of the things pretty well over all the podcasts they've done since I think 2017 on goat hunts. Toeing the line is a pretty wicked video of a Winter Goat hunt they did. Hope to have the video of our hunt this past year up in the next few monthes, we'll see.

OP
B

buzzy

WKR
Once you hunt late season and see the coat on those late season billy's, you won't want to hunt them any other time. It's an awesome time, but in my opinion weather is your biggest enemy with that hunt. I have a pretty decent gear list I can send your way if you're looking for something like that.

As noted above, the guys at The Journal have done their fair share of winter goats and cover some of the things pretty well over all the podcasts they've done since I think 2017 on goat hunts. Toeing the line is a pretty wicked video of a Winter Goat hunt they did. Hope to have the video of our hunt this past year up in the next few monthes, we'll see.

I’d love to see the gear list and thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing your video. I have seen the others and those are some harsh conditions.
Thanks

I have had some of the easiest goat hunts ever in the Winter and I also remember one that would certainly rank up there with one of the most difficult. They can be very fun, rewarding and the Billy you're sure to get will be of exceptional trophy quality with regards to the hide. Good luck on your hunt, it'll be fun I am sure!

goat1958

FNG
I have never met Bob but I am very good friends with two brothers whom have guided for him , and they speak very very highly of him..you are in good hands with Bon M !

I hunted with Bob in December of ’17 and got a tremendous long hair B&C billy. I had hunted goat elsewhere
in 2016 and earlier in 2017 before my hunt with Bob. He’s one of the hardest working, dedicated, and trustworthy
outfitter/guides that I’ve had the opportunity to work with. He’ll put 110% into your hunt and hopefully you’ll
have success. Just be prepared for inclement weather and bring patience...