BC mountain goat hunt

Hi everyone,
I’ve been a member on here for a little while. I rarely post but I do creep a good bit, lol. I’m a hunting freak. I’m either hunting, planning hunts or scouting. Most of the hunts I do are DIY backpack hunts, but every 2 or 3 years I save up enough money to do a dream hunt that I can’t do DIY. In 2018 I went to NZ for big red stag. In January I’m going to Tajikistan for ibex. In 2022 I’m planning on going after a goat. A mountain goat has always been a dream of mine and I’m really excited. I’ve been emailing outfitters in BC and Alaska. It doesn’t really matter to me where I go. Any legal mountain goat would be a trophy to me. I’m not really motivated by horn length or anything like that. I just want a great hunt with a legit opportunity at a legal goat without having to take out a second mortgage. I’m hoping to stay around $9k. The guy that I’m leaning towards is Wolverine Range Outfitters. Have any of you hunted with them? Everything he is telling me sounds fantastic, but I’d love some first hand experience if anyone has it.

Thanks in advance!

Give beaverfoot outfitters a look. Had a great hunt with them. Took my goat on day 1.
38f7d9a77997be8d2c25e03937038be0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I’d also consider Ben Stevenson in Alaska (Alaska Frontier Guides). I used Ben for a goat hunt in 2017 near Valdez, Alaska. Ben is a pilot and owns his own plane, so he’s able to get to some remote places. It is not a large operations, but it is very clear that Ben knows what he is doing. Being from Texas, I’m not able to do a lot of mountain hunting. Ben taught me a lot and made it a hunt I’ll never forget. He is also in your price range.

I’m using him this year for my first Dall Sheep hunt. Pic of my goat below.
d605a833cade5839a30ff803cdb4ae12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it for what it is, but I probably wouldn't be booking with an outfit whos 3/5 goat pictures on their site are nannies, but that's just me.

Dustin Roe(Backcountry BC and Beyond) or Bolen Lewis are who I would be booking with if it were me.

I am heading to BC in September (I am Canadian so I am still going). I am going with Last Frontier. I can let you know how it goes. He was the most reasonably priced in my search. He actually was recommended to me by the National Sales director for Canada from Kuiu. I trust him and he said this outfit is phenomenal. If you can wait 5-6 weeks I can give you a full review.

OP
S
I’d also consider Ben Stevenson in Alaska (Alaska Frontier Guides). I used Ben for a goat hunt in 2017 near Valdez, Alaska. Ben is a pilot and owns his own plane, so he’s able to get to some remote places. It is not a large operations, but it is very clear that Ben knows what he is doing. Being from Texas, I’m not able to do a lot of mountain hunting. Ben taught me a lot and made it a hunt I’ll never forget. He is also in your price range.

I’m using him this year for my first Dall Sheep hunt. Pic of my goat below.
d605a833cade5839a30ff803cdb4ae12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you just call him or does he have a website with more info?

OP
S
I am heading to BC in September (I am Canadian so I am still going). I am going with Last Frontier. I can let you know how it goes. He was the most reasonably priced in my search. He actually was recommended to me by the National Sales director for Canada from Kuiu. I trust him and he said this outfit is phenomenal. If you can wait 5-6 weeks I can give you a full review.

I’d love to have a first hand report. I did forget to mention I’m also looking for a 2x1 I have a good friend that is going with me. I’d like a 10 day hunt. Mountain weather makes me nervous on hunts less then 10 especially with 2 hunters.

Trial153

WKR
Give beaverfoot outfitters a look. Had a great hunt with them. Took my goat on day 1.
38f7d9a77997be8d2c25e03937038be0.jpg

I booked a bowhunt for a goat with Troy for next September, I am looking forward to it

I booked a bowhunt for a goat with Troy for next September, I am looking forward to it
I'm sure you will do great with him. Be in shape. His area is awesome. I almost regret shooting my goat on day 1 only for the reason of not being able to keep goat hunting , however I did get to go in with a bowhunter a few days later to help him find his goat he shot and help pack out.

Decker9

WKR
Take it for what it is, but I probably wouldn't be booking with an outfit whos 3/5 goat pictures on their site are nannies, but that's just me.

Dustin Roe(Backcountry BC and Beyond) or Bolen Lewis are who I would be booking with if it were me.

X2, there’s nothing to be proud about in anything but a billy, imo. The two outfitters listed are top dawgs in BC mountain goats. Another worth checking out, I worked for for a handful of years so I know what the hunts are like, is Nanika lake outfitters. In general, they were a tad cheaper then other outfits, but they put on a great hunt, they have good goats, and the owner is a top notch guy.

I sent beaverfoot an email. If I haven’t heard anything from them in a day or 2 I’ll give them a call.
Im sure you will get a quick response. He is very good with communications. Very straight forward outfitter that will be straight honest with you.if you have any questions PM me and I'll send you my phone number

Just south of Dustin's concession in the Cassiar's is North River Stone, the billy in my profile pic is from there in 2019. PM me if you'd like more details.

buzzy

WKR
Bob Milligan. His track record for big goats speaks for itself. Plus being outfitter of the year A few years back is a nice honor to have.

Im a Canadian resident heading to hunt where the biggest goats in the world live (NW BC on the coast) the first10 days of September. Get a hold of Scott Miller at Millers Hunting and Outdoors. He is a great guy with a phenominal area. One thing to remember is that a lot of areas have extra costs such as flights into camp that can add 1500 or $2000 to your trip.

KU_Geo

WKR
I’d put Love Brothers and Lee On your list to consider. Good goats, and nice country. Different style of hunts then those listed above but worth checking out

OP
S
Im sure you will get a quick response. He is very good with communications. Very straight forward outfitter that will be straight honest with you.if you have any questions PM me and I'll send you my phone number

My friend and I are booking with Troy September 10-20 2022. I appreciate the info you supplied. I’m beyond excited.