BC Permit to Accompany

Carr5vols

WKR
All my dream animal is a MG, I just cant ever see dropping 10k on a hunt a possibility. Is there anyone in BC with a Permit to Accompany that would like to have someone along for a hunt. Testing the waters to see if this is even a possibility.

gunnar_17

FNG
If you are not a Canadian resident there is no option other than going through an Outfitter, unless you are hunting with an immediate family member who is a resident of B C.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

tater

WKR
Sorry.
Gunnar_17 is correct. The part you reference is unclear, but if you explore further PTA's are for Canadian residents of other provinces or 1st degree relations if non-resident aliens. Unless you have a clear 1st degree relation in BC with a valid hunting licence, you must use an outfitter.

That section of the regulations has inspired more false hope than any other i know of.

Trial153

WKR
Personally i think if it’s something you really want to experience, you should find a way to make the 10k and go. That seems way more productive then trying to find a work around and wishing things were different.

gunnar_17

FNG
The other option is to watch for cancellation hunts. We have an Outfitting area in Northern BC and occasionally have a client cancel last minute some times you can get a great deal.
237efc936a7523720abdc48f2264e36a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
My understanding are the PTA's are becoming quite abit harder to get too. 5 years ago we applied for one and got it relatively easily. I've had several friends apply recently and they've all been denied. From their stories it always sounded like they did things correctly, but they may have just made a mistake along the way.

I have relatives in BC, and there is more to it than meets the eye for sure. Also, last I recall, said relative needs to have purchased a big game tag for last 3 years. So just getting an nephew, cousin etc to go with you is out. It's pretty wired shut.

Regarding the Permit to Accompany, cousins in BC won’t work for an American. Nephews, brothers, father or brother-in-law, or the female equivalent of each can get them, for non-LEH hunts, but not sheep. And they have to have hunted 3 of past 5 yrs to be eligible. There is an on-line application that pretty well defines it.