bdc scopes

InDeep

WKR
Alright guys so what's the best because scope for under 500.00 I'm feeling this stuff out and have owned rifles . But never really used them so this savage J picked up is 3/4 inch gun and will be a good start to see how much I actually use a gun .. thanks for all or any input

OP
InDeep

InDeep

WKR
Savage 111 with trigger work and piller bedded 300 wm. 600 and less . And strickly black bear for now

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
BDC scopes are good for those ranges.

I like Vortex's dead hold BDC reticle the best , although many will work. Check out the Viper line. Sightron's HHR is also pretty nice.

Leupold also has some options available.

I am not a fan of Nikon 's circles.

IMO, you don't need a ton of magnification for those ranges. A top power of around 10x will suffice.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
InDeep,

Doug from Cameraland just posted up the deal of the day which included the Zeiss Conquest 3.4-10X44 w/ Rapid Z600 reticle in your price range. This would be a nice scope for your uses. The optics are very good, and the reticle works well when "tuned" to your load as per Zeiss' instructions.

I had a 3-9X40 Conquest with that reticle, and it was a great scope for me.

Liljozie495

Lil-Rokslider
i just put the viper HS LR 4-16x44 on my 300wsm and i love it so far, its got the option of dead hold, and a elevation turret on it (for play mostly for me). but good glass on it i think they go for like 500$ area

Liljozie495

Lil-Rokslider
I too have used the Nikon BDC reticle out to 450 yards on Pronghorn and it worked fine. But the circles leave room for error. Bob.

thats what i just took off my rifle i agree with what your saying, and its too many steps when you get your load dialed and the nikon spot on set to remember/ look at a chart if animals are alert. i dont think i could put a scope on with more then 4-5 bdc steps again.