Be $200 pair???

trkyslr

WKR
Got a buddy who's looking for the best boots he can get for $200.00... I know that is in the low end for the higher quality but anyone have any opinions...

sk1

WKR
Not from my own trial but from what lots of people have to say about them around here the asolo sasslong from sierratradingpost.com outperforms its price and with their discount I think they come out around 175

Shrek

WKR
I just ordered a pair of hanag yukons with a 45% off coupon I got for joining sierra trading post's email list . About $155 with shipping.

Lawnboi

WKR
At your price range you should have no problem at all getting a high end pair of boots, just wait for the deals.

Sierra trading post is probably the easiest route.

I have paid around your price range for 2 pairs of high end boots, lowa tibets and mendl alaskas, both brand new, both for around 200 dollars and in the alaska's case 25 dollars under your budget.

If you are a member of sites like shoebuy or others you will get deals sent to you. Sierra trading post is by far the easiest though. Just sign up, wait for the email with a discount code and pick them up. They even give you an extra 10 or 15 bucks off the first order you make with them.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I really like my Sasslongs as well. They are my go to boot for hiking and such. They do run a bit narrow, and I had to change out the footbeds.

Lawnboi

WKR
Daveinjax, where do you sign up for the 45% discount? I can't find a link on the site.

Thanks

They will email you a code, they send stuff all the time for 20%-45% off. Just need to sign up on thier site. Or if you not patient and your lucky somebody on here will hook you up with a code they already have.

Yukon

FNG
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/ha...~5396x/?filterString=s~hanwag/&colorFamily=01

Here are the Yukons.

If you type in Hanwag in the search they have several pairs on sale.

I signed up and got a 30% voucher off the bat. The link was in the bottom right corner. They also have those asolo boot which with that that coupon they become quite reasonable (less then 150 before shipping)

Seems like a good price. I have been using the Alaskan Hunters by Meindle (from Cabelas) but they wear out after one hard season. Cabelas has been great with warranty but might be nice to get the uninsulated Yukons for earlier in the season.

Shrek

WKR
The link was under the sale banner for me and it was 45%. I had heard of 45% off codes so I was waiting. I had been checking the banner for a couple weeks before the 45% offer poppee up. My guess is they offer it after several visits. Day after I ordered I got a 35% and 99 cent shipping offer by email. Wait a few days and see if you get a better deal if you don't need the boots asap. I have a code now for 35% off with .99 cent shipping. Code is mjk31978 good today 12/9. That comes to the same amout I paid with shipping.

Last edited:

Shrek

WKR
I have @ 10 1/2 hours over four days in my new yukons. I like them so much I ordered a second pair today ! I will put them away for just hunting and use the first pair to train in :) .

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Try shoebuy.com I got a pair of lowa renagades for around that price awesome boots. I've put 15 miles on them in colarado and that much or more here in Missouri still look like new still no leaks and not one blister and I am still using the cheap insoles that came with them. Just great footwear IMO.

slim9300

WKR
Got a buddy who's looking for the best boots he can get for $200.00... I know that is in the low end for the higher quality but anyone have any opinions...

Salmon Quest 4D GTX

These are far and away the best boots I have ever owned. I have about 250 miles on them in the backcountry and nothing fits me better. Even when they were brand new they have never given me a blister.