Beam Scales

300-win-mag

What is the best beam scale these days? I was thinking of getting a electronic.

I have a old green Redding #1 with a black bolt and no magnet.

Last edited:

desertcj

I doubt it's "The best" but all I've used for years is the RCBS 505 that came with the package deal. I think it's really accurate but man it's slow. I'm going to get an RCBS chargemaster...

Bisley45

Used a redding beam for years, it would drive me nuts that if you bumped the pan it would read a slightly different value as in the other side of a tic mark. I have a RCBS chargemaster now, I love it it's so much faster.

deerkiller

everyone wants to load fast, Fast, FAST...… I still use my original 10/10 that Scott Parker trued and it still produces very good ammo for me ….

OP

300-win-mag

I have a Lee Powder Measure that I use and then I trickle to a Redding #1 beam with no magnets. I have to use my fingers to calm it down for a quick reading. The scale is very accurate, it's just annoying that I need to use my two fingers to settle it down.

I just ordered a #2, we'll see if I like it...

OP

300-win-mag

Got the Redding #2 today and it's accurate and settles down quickly. Much better than the old #1 without the magnetic dampener. :)

Kindigs

I doubt it's "The best" but all I've used for years is the RCBS 505 that came with the package deal. I think it's really accurate but man it's slow. I'm going to get an RCBS chargemaster...
Same here but I see RCBS just came out with the Matchmaster. Going to have to check that one out.

BRTreedogs

everyone wants to load fast, Fast, FAST...… I still use my original 10/10 that Scott Parker trued and it still produces very good ammo for me ….
Because reloading has to be one of the most terrible mind numbing boring tasks ever.
I absolutely hate it.
Just a necessary evil means to an end.

dguns18

Been using a RCBS 505 for a few years with excellent results.

Use a Lee powder drop and trickle into the pan, once you get a groove going it moves pretty quick.