Bear 59 Kodiak

Jeffp

FNG
Has anybody had any experience with the new 59 Kodiak? I’m interested in one but do not want to order one without some feedback from real owners.

Ddog

WKR
Great bow. A lot of guys gripe about the cheesy leather grip wrap, but it's comfy and easily removed or replaced.

bobinmi

WKR
I think its the nicest thing Bear has put out in a long time. For me, that bow shot just as good as a bunch of the high end customs. The rumor is that Gary Reader (famous bear bow collector) owned a 59 that was perfect. He always said that if Bear came back out with the bow they should use the template from that bow. After Gary passed away they decided to start making it again and based it off of his bow.

Muttly

WKR
Great little bow. Got one for my wife at 35 lbs. One of those bows that pretty much hits where you want it to right out of the gate.
She didn't like the leather grip, so I took that off. I couldn't shoot it as well after that, made the grip just a bit on the small side for me.
Put one of Pierre Lucas strings on, quieted it right down. I mostly stick to long bows, but keep thinking I might round up a 45-50 pounder with the maple sight window one day..

bobinmi

WKR
Just as an Edit: Al Reader is the collector. I happened to be looking at the ruger no. 1s on Gary Reeder's website today and got it stuck in my head.