Bear Bows

IdahoHntr

WKR
I've shot a Bear Traxx for 3 years. I've shot more expensive bows, but I honestly love the way this bow shoots. It's fast, dead in the hand, and awfully quiet. I don't know if I will ever be able to justify spending $1000+ on a bow again. I don't know what price range you are looking at, but you can usually find the year or two old flagship bows from Bear for a great price. I have shot the Kuma and really like it and that's been their flagship the last couple years. If you're looking for their best stuff they just launched their new bows this past week, so I'd give those a look. It seems like they are fairly popular back East, but not many people in the West seem to shoot them.

I have shot a Kuma the past two years. I shot Hoyts for the ten years previous to that, Mathews before that. I don't think you can beat them for the price. They aren't flashy, but they just work. I find them very easy to tune. Actually have two setup. One is a 70# model one is a 60#. A friend had messed up his shoulder a few months ago and couldn't pull his bow back anymore. I set the 60# on 53# and he had two shooting sessions with it the week before season. We had it dialed in and tuned for his draw length and arrows in short order, he shoot two does on opening day with it. I think he is a fan of them now.

I have a Bear single cam thats about 10 years old as my back up. It's slow but smooth as butter and Ive never had an issue with it.

bjsully

FNG
I bought a truth 2 ages ago and love it. Never had any issues and shoots well. In the market and am going to test some others to test them but still planning on going with a bear again.

amp713

WKR
Played with my buddies Kuma when he got it and honestly it was a pretty slick bow for what he paid for it.. wouldn't hesitate to run one. Best part is you can find a year or two old model for pretty cheap!!

KY_coop

Lil-Rokslider
Played with my buddies Kuma when he got it and honestly it was a pretty slick bow for what he paid for it.. wouldn't hesitate to run one. Best part is you can find a year or two old model for pretty cheap!!
Where would one search for a deal like that online?

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Shane

Lil-Rokslider
I am still shooting my Bear Carnage (I think it's a 2012 model?). I love the bow. It's fast, smooth and really quiet. My buddy on our recent elk hunt had a new Hoyt. We were shooting targets together. His bow wasn't any faster, but it was a lot louder - huge difference in sound between the two.

I don't know anything about the new Bear bows. I don't have any reason to buy a new one. I still love my old Carnage. Drilled the elk in my avatar at 45 yards with it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right?

manitou1

WKR
Have shot archery and many, many bows over the past 45 years, starting out with a recurve, then compounds, then back to traditional (competing), and due to a shoulder problem, back to compounds. The last two bows I have bought are the Bear Carnage and Anarchy. Both great bows leaving nothing to be desired over any other make. Fast, accurate and pretty quiet.

Still shooting my bear anarchy... 2011 model I think? Switched to Bear after shooting an carnage which was the quietest bow I had shot at the time. Very easy to tune and work on Bears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR

Idk your local area may have a page, craigslist might, Facebook has some pages. We have a news company that has classifieds for the whole state and it has archery equipment on there as well as most other hunting gear

IdahoHntr

WKR

A lot of archery shops will sell bows a year or two old on ebay that are basically brand new. Heck, just google the bow you are looking for with the words "for sale" and it will turn up all kinds of deals.

jfs82

WKR
A lot of archery shops will sell bows a year or two old on ebay that are basically brand new. Heck, just google the bow you are looking for with the words "for sale" and it will turn up all kinds of deals.
Exactly, just bought a new 2019 evoke this way for half of MSRP