Bear callers - a question

So, this year I plan to change it up a bit. Last year I glassed first and last light - with the temps where I hunt(and personal experience) it’s the most productive time. That leaves a lot of downtime during the middle of the day, and it got me thinking about bringing my bow along as well.

I have a foxpro, and I’ve used it unsuccessfully in the past for bear(have had bobcats come in multiple times).

My plan is to bring it along - rifle hunt the morning and evening hours(big country, very glassable and also very open - not very conducive to sneaking)… and during the day hit 1-3 stands and see what I can call out with my bow.

My question to you guys - what kind of country do you look for? The area I’m hunting is 4-5k feet, deep open canyons on west slopes - the bears like to move up in the brushy bottoms mostly in the evenings. The eastern side of the ridge has some thicker areas. What would be your play? Is it even worth trying it midday?

Thanks in advance.

OP
J
It depends on the time of year And where you are. Ive called them in the spring on the Ak islands and Canada, then in August in Norcal in the high country.

For example, Later in rifle season most of the bears move down for acorns and other food sources so calling in the high country will be tough.
This is literally gonna be the next ~6 days. I’m in Washington.