Bear claw neckless pendant

PA 5-0

WKR
Anyone know a jeweler or silversmith with experience doing something with bear claws?? Anyone have any pics of theirs?? Wanna get a couple made for family. Thx, Dan.

Last edited:
when i checked with my taxi guy he delt with a company in PA. looked great but very pricey. ive since looked into making my own. there are some interesting videos on youtube on polishing. the one company i found with jewelry gave me some ideas. never called them but maybe they could make something out of what you got. https://www.glacierwear.com/bear-claw-jewelry.html?

Super simple. Made this one for myself and just made another one for my son on the weekend.

kl742GA.jpg

Got two gold jump rings connected to each other, they aren't actually soldered to each other, just soldered shut. Then drilled out a slot for the jump ring in the knuckle bone like this.

1583858237096.png

Set the bottom half of the bottom jump ring in with epoxy (waxed the rest of the of the jump rings so they didn't get any epoxy on them) and let it cure. Did my son's with silver jump rings and gorilla glue, so far it's held up well. Silver jump rings and rawhide rope for my son's cost under $10cdn including the labor to solder the jump rings. I also picked up some clear high gloss nail polish to seal it, will probably need a touch up every few months but my son loves how smooth and shiny it made his. If you're able to separate the quick (knuckle bone) from the claw sheath you can soak that in hydrogen peroxide for a few days to whiten it up and get a nice contrast. The claw I used for my son's wouldn't separate from the quick so I soaked the whole thing in peroxide, it did lighten the claw sheath a bit but came out pretty cool, will try to get a photo of his this week.

0ogfT9u.jpg