Bear Grizzly

Kgentry

Lil-Rokslider
So I picked up a Grizzly really cheap at a garage sale and I’m going to start shooting it with a friend. I was just wondering what your guys thoughts were on this bow as far as getting me started. It’s 32# at 28 so it should be a good small game/stump shooter and be nice and light to help me establish good form and anchor points.

OP
Kgentry

Kgentry

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 29” DL but when I came across it and the guy said he wanted $10 I figure even if it sat in the corner it was worth that.

GregB

WKR
A Grizzly was my first Trad Bow and I still like to shoot it my DL is 28 and I don't have a problem with it stacking.

Ddog

WKR
Nice shooters and for $10 you stole it, great deal. I think the poundage will be just fine for starting out, I was way over-bowed back when I switched over. Let's see a pic!

I got one about a year ago. I love it, shoot it more than any other bow I have.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

ledflight

WKR
nice find, love the garage sale bow! have 2 that cost a little more than that but 32# is a great starter weight and plenty for thumping small critters!

Great buy. If you don’t like it I’ll buy it from you for twice what you paid for it 😆!

32# is good to start out. Better to learn good form with light weight. If you truly draw 29” with it (a lot of trad shooters shorten their draw compared to compound) you are probably 35# which will easily kill deer!! ( with a heavy arrow an cut on contact fixed Broadhead)

OP
Kgentry

Kgentry

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you everyone for your input! It’s nice to know there’s a forum available with guys who are truly open to help other guys in the hunting world! Again thank you.