Bear hunt 2021

Good evening, I had previously posted about a buddy and I wanting to go to bear hunting again back in Idaho to a different unit. I've been there before and we had success. This could be a long shot but worth a try... he has bailed on the trip due to other obligations at that time. I am still wanting to go but I would prefer if I could get someone to tag along. I've been hunting bears 3 different times so if someone is wanting to discuss potentially meeting up for a spring bear hunt in either Montana or Idaho, let me know! Lunch breaks at work have consisted of lots and lots of e-scouting hours finding areas I think we could find bears. Also.... to whomever is reading this, hopefully you're putting some meat on the ground!

OP
SoDak BigGame
Thats fine, I was looking for someone to meet up with anyways. But yes and no on the backpack camp.... 3 years ago, we were able to find a small remote campground and were able to set up camp there and drive to an access point a few miles away to begin the hike. Whereas one year, we found a spot and hiked 2.5-3 miles from the road and camped out. Kind of depends on the location of the hunt, altitude, snow pack, etc.

Big Dunc

FNG
I'll be heading back to Idaho this year from Oregon. I'd be happy to meet up there or would also love to try Montana!!! Let me know!

Elkhntr08

WKR
Don’t know where you’re located, but I’m in Spearfish until the 5th.
Looking at going to Wyoming again next year if you’re interested.

OP
SoDak BigGame
I’m in Mitchell. Never really looked at Wyoming actually. Is it a draw for tags or OTC? I would definitely be willing to do Wyoming.... closer is better

Elkhntr08

WKR
It’s OTC.
Back home now, but a buddy who lives outside the Medicine Bow is at the farm hunting. Talked to him about spring bear and he and dad are interested. He said he know several guys that shoot bears and saw several this year.

what unit and when would you want to hunt in idaho? this would be my first trip out there from the east coast.
depending on when i would be more than willing to meet up, plus this being my first time out there it probably wouldnt be a bad idea to not go by myself.

Following. Also planning on spring bear in Idaho in 2021. Likely Unit 1. Happy to share my experience last time I was out there (2019).

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
I am planning a trip in the spring with the family to Montana. Looking at the unit south of Bozeman. Taking the family and breaking away for a few days for hunting by myself. Planning on putting in for the same unit for elk in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skierhs

WKR
I am planning a trip in the spring with the family to Montana. Looking at the unit south of Bozeman. Taking the family and breaking away for a few days for hunting by myself. Planning on putting in for the same unit for elk in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck with that unit, just make sure to bring spray as well as your rifle. LOTS of griz in the area. Not to scare you away becouse any unit in that area will have bears but just so you know.

Regarding OP, if you do wyoming, let us know how it goes. I've been thinking of doing that hunt instead of our regular idaho hunt.

donziboy

FNG
I'm looking to do a DIY spot and stalk last week of May or first week of June. Can't get my dad or buddies to tryout a spring bear hunt for the first time but it looks super interesting to me. I've got a couple units in mind for Idaho or Montana but I don't know the area at all being from the midwest. Does anyone want to link up in Idaho or Montana for a spot and stalk this spring? Does anyone have suggestions for units suitable for spot and stalk hunting?

I'm looking to do a DIY spot and stalk last week of May or first week of June. Can't get my dad or buddies to tryout a spring bear hunt for the first time but it looks super interesting to me. I've got a couple units in mind for Idaho or Montana but I don't know the area at all being from the midwest. Does anyone want to link up in Idaho or Montana for a spot and stalk this spring? Does anyone have suggestions for units suitable for spot and stalk hunting?
im looking for somebody to link up with also, except i was looking to do it the second week in may

yojo.3

FNG
Hey. Im in sodak too. Id be interested if my bag wasnt already packed for my bear trip come may.

westernwa

FNG
I'm looking for same type of hunt. Spot n stalk. Wondering if anyone has thoughts on unit 43 in Idaho? My brother in law has done some elk hunting there so he knows some of the terrain but hasn't been there in the spring. Any issues with access mid May?