Bear Hunting Books

HuntnID

FNG
Are there any recommended books or guides to bear hunting that any of the successful guys here recommend?

I was just cruising Amazon.com and found this book: Amazon.com: No Bait Just Bears!: Black Bear Hunting Tactics eBook: Douglas Boze: Kindle Store

I was thinking about ordering it and seeing if it could shed a little more light on the issue or maybe answer questions that I didn't know to ask.

Just curious if anybody else here has other recommended books or possibly a review of this particular one.

Saylean

FNG
Hey HuntinID,

I am the guy who wrote No Bait Just Bears. That was my first book, self published. If you are going to purchase one of my books, get "The Ultimate Guide To Black Bear Hunting", my second book. This will contain all the info of the first book, plus much much more. Its about 3 times the amount in text, very refined, etc. Not tooting my own horn here, just wanted you to get the best deal for your money (even though I make more on No Bait). The other books listed above I am sure are great too. Good luck this season.
Douglas~

OP
H

HuntnID

FNG
Alright. I'll pick up the Ultimate Guide book. I appreciate the insight.

bstockho

FNG
Hey HuntinID,

I am the guy who wrote No Bait Just Bears. That was my first book, self published. If you are going to purchase one of my books, get "The Ultimate Guide To Black Bear Hunting", my second book. This will contain all the info of the first book, plus much much more. Its about 3 times the amount in text, very refined, etc. Not tooting my own horn here, just wanted you to get the best deal for your money (even though I make more on No Bait). The other books listed above I am sure are great too. Good luck this season.
Douglas~

Just ordered this book, waiting for it to come in.

Saylean

FNG
Thanks for your support guys, it means a lot to me. I hope you all enjoy it and more importantly, I hope it helps you find success!

mdkelley

FNG
Richard p. Smith black bear hunting vol.2. I got it from the library instead of buying. A good read from a guy that has hunted bear all over the place.