Bear hunting early April?

Ruskin

WKR
My son is interested in an early bear hunt. His spring break is early April. Are there any states open that early? Canada?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MHWASH

WKR
That’s awfully early, just depends on the snow. Not much bear activity before the 15th no matter the snow conditions

skierhs

WKR
That’s awfully early, just depends on the snow. Not much bear activity before the 15th no matter the snow conditions
That’s really early. I hunt in Idaho one of the units that opens on the 1st of April and we can’t even get into where we want to bait until the second week of May.

skierhs

WKR
Actually, if your open to a really tough spot and stalk hunt, I think Arizona has a early spring hunt.

Northeast washington has special permit hunts that open april 1st. But you would have to buy an expensive non resident bear license ($222) just to buy an expensive non resident application fee ($110.50,) for a small chance at drawing a permit with only 1 point, to hunt bear when the action is still extremely slow. Not worth it at all.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
Alaska has several GMUs that have no closed season for black bears. License will run $100 and it’s $450 per locking tag according to ADF&G.