Bear hunting help.

My hunting partner and I are hunting bear for the first time near Missoula right now. We been out here for 3 days and we haven't even seen a bear print yet. Any tips anyone could give us? I feel like we are pissing in the wind out here. We have been focusing on south facing slopes and hiking and driving log roads. Thanks for any tips and tricks. I hope to return the favor as I get better at this.

Rogue Bay

WKR
Like Pablito said, spend as much time behind the glass as you possibly can. Be patient and don’t move around a lot if you feel like you’re in a good spot. Give it time. Best of luck and keep us posted on how it goes!

OP
TheLameTrapper
Alright so we found some sign with the help of a Rokslider and we hunted and glassed hard. We know there are bears in the area, just ran out of time. Thanks for all the help! We will be back at it hopefully next year

rclouse79

WKR
We just missed getting a shot at a boar our first time out this year. I have been back to the same area three times and have seen the same sow and cub every trip out. I don't know if it is a good strategy or not, but I keep hoping a boar will eventually show up. When they do start moving around they seem to stick out like a sore thumb.